Dynabeads for tire balancing?

Tpoppa

Don't bother with the filtered valve cores and always remember to position the valve stem between 6 & 9 o'clock and give a quick shot of air before checking tire pressure or you could end up with a bead stuck in the valve core.

Used them once in the Super Hawk when a shop failed to balance a set. Never had any issues at speed and they seemed to work. The only thing that I did notice toward the end of the tires life was a slight bounce from the front slowing down and coasting thru 25-35 MPH. Oh yea. Pauly gave that WTF look when he broke them down and they went all over the floor. I would only use them again if I had balance issues after the tires were on the bike for awhile.

Don't bother with the filtered valve cores and always remember to position the valve stem between 6 & 9 o'clock and give a quick shot of air before checking tire pressure or you could end up with a bead stuck in the valve core.

Following this procedure I have had great luck with them. They balance a tire really really well. I don't understand why they work, it makes no sense to me. But they do.

So they rebalance after every stop? Do they feel the consistent at a sport pace?

They are active balance, so yes every stop. They are loose in the tire and change with tire wear so it is always spot on. Pace does not matter. I run them at the track too.

They do work but there are a couple of things to get ready for.

One; they are very very small and perfectly round (you can imagine how careful you have to be handling them).

Two; they offer an applicator with the kits (it's a small plastic squeeze bottle with a length of clear tubing pressed over the cone that fits over valve stems) and when you use it you have to be very patient and use a pencil to tap against the tube while they trickle in.

Three; You may not care for the wear grooves they create inside your tires. It's extremely minimal but still.

Four; You can re-use them but you'll have to collect them all first (see 'one').

I went back to clip weights because it's just easier. Great product, though.

I've seen way to many tires no get covered for warranty because of the use dynabeads and simular products. It should be noted that the tire manufactures were not told thats how they were "balanced", they said that the tires showed typical signs of wear problems related to the the fact that they were not balanced. Too many cases I have seen show that they do not work. Some people love them, some people hate them. The only type of balancing that for sure works is lead/steel weights, by either static, bubble, or high speed spin balancing.

This is the only route I go. 1oz for a front tire and 1.5oz for a rear tire. Just bought another 12oz bag yesterday at Principal Truck off of wilson road.

Absolutely zero issues, no vibrations, and a perfect ride in several different bikes and tires since about 2008...go ahead and call it snake oil for muffler bearings.

I put them in when I changed my first front by hand. I was amazed that they worked (didn't think the inner tire surface would allow them to roll properly). I can't tell you about long term side effects or anything, but they worked at advertised till I sold that bike and bought a proper tire changer + balancer.