NEWARK - Join us? (Epic Ride)

JackFlash

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jynx, they got you on the list for riding with the group forming up at Iron Pony.

That's not the NEWARK group.

I don't know the route they are taking to Logan but I'm guessing it will be Rt 33,

which will not intersect with the Newark group. Just thought you might want to

make a choice of groups. I still have you on our list for Newark.

i think they put me on the list because i suggested the location, i may actually go with them. it is a lot closer, also it looks like they have mr anderson on that list too

Edited by Jynx

Hey Jack been slacking on keeping up with all the posts... Seeing as how the meet time is earlier then expected Mr.Anderson and myself have decided to just ride with the central group and save ourselves about 30 to 40 min. If no one from the central group decides to ride down on sunday and it isnt as early of a meet time I'd still like to ride down with your group on Sunday but we can work on the plans once we get there.

i think they put me on the list because i suggested the location, i may actually go with them. it is a lot closer, also it looks like they have mr anderson on that list too

I'm going with the central group to Iron Pony since its closer to New Albany. Mike_n92 and I will ride up there together. Your welcome to join us since you said New Albany was close to you.

Sorry Jack going with central since its closer to where I am. I will meet you at the meet spot. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone crossing through or from the surrounding area of Toledo want to meet up and ride to Newark together?

Probably be better for you to meetup with the group in Columbus.

Though we would be happy to have you ride with us, there

is a group meeting up, at Iron Pony in Westerville.

Meeting up with them will save you some miles.

Here's a link on how to get there:

http://goo.gl/maps/iWlml

And here's a link to their thread:

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=102893

And the main thread, if you want to see the big picture

of the Epic Ride 2013.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=102404

Edited by JackFlash

Count me in. I'll be coming all the way from the west side of Newark to meet up. Here are a couple routes to get to Logan. I selected the intersection of Hudson and Locust (downtown) as the starting point because there are several parking lots right there, and the UDF is just down the street.

http://goo.gl/maps/NcF4p This one is straight to Logan.

http://goo.gl/maps/BF5D1 This one is a little more interesting, if you want to get warmed up for the big ride.

I think NateBob will be joining as well.

Looking forward to an awesome ride!

Jack, I'm in. I've never done as many

miles in a day though, any suggestions?

Also, if your 500 is small, my 250 is

microscopic :)

I gotcha listed up.

As for advice, I road the route last Monday.

My right hand was sore for the next day

and my left hand was very achy around the

thumb, for two days. Find something and

start squeezing it to build up the muscles

in your clutch hand.

And don't worry. That 250 will do just fine.

I took a look at the map.

I'd probably rather take 668 out of Newark. Cut across 37 to 664. That's just me but if you take that route I'll meet in Newark and ride out with you guys. If you come out 13 I'll just meet at the BP at 70 & 13.

I took a look at the map.

I'd probably rather take 668 out of Newark. Cut across 37 to 664. That's just me but if you take that route I'll meet in Newark and ride out with you guys. If you come out 13 I'll just meet at the BP at 70 & 13.

We will link up with the NEO group. Check your messages for the latest info.

Meet us at the KFC on Cedar St. I don't know the time yet.

Am I blind? I can't find a meeting time anywhere... What time are we meeting at KFC?!

Something I didn't think of before... Does anyone have a hands free unit in their helmet? Might be a good idea to try to everyone synced... Might be a good way to let people know of something coming up...

Edited by jdonn
Thinking... Eeee

What time are we meeting at KFC?!

That's a really good question, jdonn. Let's all

figure this out. Give me some help, guys.

Here's what we know:

1. Google Maps shows that from the Northeast group's meet-up spot in Millersburg, to Point B on Brownsville Rd it is: 53.2 mi – about 1 hour 1 min
  2. Chatter on their thread indicates they may make a fuel stop in Coshocton.
  3. Their departure discussions have suggested:

• meet there around 8:30 and kick stand before nine to make it to logan in time. :(

• kick stand by 8:15

Our concerns are:

1. What time to meet at KFC?
  2. What time to be at Point B?
  3. What time to leave without the NEO guys if they are running late so we can get to Logan at a reasonable time to gas up, use the restroom, and mix and mingle with the others before the ride ramps up.

We need to keep in mind that the main plan is this: Meet by 10:30 Start organizing group by 11:00 and kick stand to ride by 11:30

I would like to be all gassed up and in Logan by 10:00, and originally wanted to leave Newark

by 8:30 to allow for anything not expected. We're looking at a 47 mile trip to Logan and a

suggested travel time of 1hr 12min. The more I look at how late NEO is leaving their meet-up

point, the more I'm inclined to want to not wait on them and just ride straight down 664.

The way I see their time frame, everything seems to be pinched up pretty tight and doesn't

allow for much wiggle room or time to catch your breath once we get to Logan.

If there is anything else you can come up with, now is the time to discuss it. Give me your

thoughts on these issues.

Edited by JackFlash

Hate to do it, but I'm not going to be able to attend.

Gotta be out of town this weekend. Have a great ride!

I hate to say it too, but my bike went down today and unless I can replace

the handlebars, I'm not going to make the ride, either.