New rider in Dayton area

Cmpfreak88

Hey guys, just picked up an 08 CBR600RR and am looking forward to riding this season! I used to own an 05 GSX-R 600 when I lived in California and it was great riding all year-round. Put over 15k miles on it in my first year owning it! :D Did lots of canyon runs out there and two track days and hoping to do more out here! I've got a couple work buddies I ride with right now, but it's always fun meeting new people. I'll definitely keep an eye out for rides in the area!

And if anyone knows where I can get tires mounted and balanced for a decent price that would be a great help! I used to do my own work at a shop in San Diego where you rented a stall by the hour, but couldn't find anything like that here. Buckeye Harley said they'll mount and balance for $30/tire off the bike, so if anyone knows any better deals I'd appreciate the heads up! Thanks a lot guys!

I got a place up here that will do mount and balance as 28 a tire off the bike but by the time you come all the way up here to where i am the cost in gas alone as increased cost to about 35. So in my opinion 30 aint bad. Helmutt told me of a place in North Hampton called Mikes Bikes for 20 off the bike.

Check out the Epic Ride coming up on May4-5. Pretty big ride down in Hocking

I got a place up here that will do mount and balance as 28 a tire off the bike but by the time you come all the way up here to where i am the cost in gas alone as increased cost to about 35. So in my opinion 30 aint bad. Helmutt told me of a place in North Hampton called Mikes Bikes for 20 off the bike.

Check out the Epic Ride coming up on May4-5. Pretty big ride down in Hocking

Yeah, saw that ride, the wife's been wanting to head back up again. We went last year and there wasn't much water, so hopefully after this winter it'll be better.

I actually called up Starr Motorcycles and they said $25/tire off the bike. I'll call around a bit more but will post up a review once I get it done!

Welcome to the forum and Ohio.

As for your tires check with Z Performance on Woodman in Riverside or Vista Kawasaki on Wilmington over in Kettering.

I love Vista - great guys for any trusted service. I hang out with their mechanics for bike nights, rides, etc.

BUT they also just raised their price to $80/hour a few days ago and now to mount and balance there is like $50/$60/tire if you bring your own. They do price match tires, though, and will mount them for like half that if you buy it from them. That's my plan for next time. (No chance of a blem AND decently-priced mount. Double-win.)

Yeah I called Vista and they said $45 per tire since I didn't buy them there. Called Mike's Bikes and he didn't answer, so don't know yet. Vista did mention they speed balance, I always used to just use the static balancer. Don't know that the speed balance is worth the extra $40... I'll keep checking, I've got about a week till the tires get in. Hoping the weather warms up soon!

:welcomeor: I've been going to Mike's Bike's in N.Hampton for 10 years now. He's a one-man-operation in his own garage, has to do everything on his own so sometimes he's in/out so keep calling now and then. He will take care of your mounting/balancing @ $20 a wheel if you carry in off the bike, he'll drop whatever he is doing and fix you up quick. He static balances, and I've never had a single issue with any of mine.

If you're talking about Little he was one of my best friends.

When I 1st started riding he was so freaking cool to me. He did things and not put it on my bill, invite me in shop while he worked teaching me things and bullshitting. He worked on my bike anytime I needed help. Then I go there one day and hear he died on his zx12 and we know the rest of the story, but I was so shocked. It's not the same there without him.

• 1 month later...