Riding Jeans for chick???

shar2487

I know when I am in the kitchen I fall a lot and the knee and hip protection would get me back to cooking.

I am going to the pony this weekend to check some stuff out.

I certainly appreciate the spirit of your post, but also find it a bit concerning. While I agree that protective gear could ultimately increase up time in the kitchen, a trip to the pony would require precious time away from the kitchen. I hope that time is being accounted for. Perhaps some pre-made meals are in order to reduce the impact of any time away.

I am going to go with the padded under garments suggestion.

The Kevlar jeans are nice and all but do nothing to protect your bones and muscles.

There is a reason most sports where pads under their gear - it works. Buy a pair of jeans (mens if need be) that are a size or two wider and put the pads on underneath.

Maybe this link will help:

http://www.womenridersnow.com/pages/APPAREL_REVIEW_Kevlar_Lined_Jeans_with_Amazing_Style.aspx

• 4 years later...

Digging up an old thread.  I bought these riding jeans last year http://www.alpinestars.com/daisy-women-s-denim-pants

They look close to regular jeans and are pretty comfy walking around.  They are NOT designed for 400 mile days.  They chafe the backs of your knees like you wouldn't believe after a couple hours, but if you're just wandering around town, they're great.  Not sure why they didn't add softer material to the back of the knees.

They are long enough for me, but they run small in size. I wear a 4 or 6 typically. I bought a 6 (28). I should have bought an 8 for some extra room while I'm sitting - right now the pants dig a little bit.

They have protective knee and hip pads. I haven't used the hip pads because I honestly don't think I could pull them over my hips with them in there. 

Now, I feel like Astars should send me products to test .... how do I make that happen?? I need to let them know how to make women's motorcycle gear.:lol:

4 hours ago, OsuMj said:

Digging up an old thread.  I bought these riding jeans last year http://www.alpinestars.com/daisy-women-s-denim-pants

They look close to regular jeans and are pretty comfy walking around.  They are NOT designed for 400 mile days.  They chafe the backs of your knees like you wouldn't believe after a couple hours, but if you're just wandering around town, they're great.  Not sure why they didn't add softer material to the back of the knees.

They are long enough for me, but they run small in size. I wear a 4 or 6 typically. I bought a 6 (28). I should have bought an 8 for some extra room while I'm sitting - right now the pants dig a little bit.

They have protective knee and hip pads. I haven't used the hip pads because I honestly don't think I could pull them over my hips with them in there. 

Now, I feel like Astars should send me products to test .... how do I make that happen?? I need to let them know how to make women's motorcycle gear.:lol:

@OsuMj what is your inseam?  I purchased a pair of Street & Steel (?) mens jeans from Cycle Gear but am always in the market for riding pants, especially if they fit well.  I fear the A* pants will end up as capri pants on me. ☹️

8 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

@OsuMj what is your inseam?  I purchased a pair of Street & Steel (?) mens jeans from Cycle Gear but am always in the market for riding pants, especially if they fit well.  I fear the A* pants will end up as capri pants on me. ☹️

I don't know exactly, but I usally have to get at least 31" and try for 32" when possible

*edit* inseams are listed in the link! Mine are 31"

Edited by OsuMj

• 11 months later...

Reviving an old thread again.  Have any of you ladies found any jeans that have a higher rise? Low rise jeans for sport riding are just asinine.  Jeans need to have Kevlar and knee armor at a minimum. A bonus would be hip armor or pockets for the hip armor. 

I might be open to textile if it is plain.  Many textile pants look like they are trying to be throwbacks to parachute pants. I don't need 30 pockets either. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

This seems to be a pretty glaring issue, not enough gear out there to fit the wide variety of female shapes out there. I had a thought:

Aramid (kevlar) material is pretty inexpensive and can be bought by the bolt onEbay. Why not get some of that, some nice soft comfy material to go between it and your gams, take it all to a seamstress along with a pair of Jean's that fit you well but maybe a bit loosely, and have a pair of custom riding jeans made? I'm sure you could also bring impact armor and some velcro and have her make pockets for them that ACTUALLY keep them on your knees, which is a problem with mens jeans as well. 

You could also sew this up yourself, if you have room for a sewing machine next to the stove. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Tourmaster seems to have one of the best selections of sizes.  They make overpants though, not jeans.

https://www.tourmaster.com/inc/sdetail/overpant/1065/402

The men's version of those overpants are what I've worn for the last 4 years. I just wear athletic short underneath on hots days and jeans under on cold days and have zero complaints about them. They are a great value for the money and RD has awesome pricing on Tourmaster stuff.

I picked these up earlier in the year and I like them. They carry long and short sizes. They come with knee armor and my hip armor from another under short worked great in them. I have not worn them on any long rides as it got way hot and I've been wearing my vented leather pants almost exclusively but they were comfortable.  Sit pretty high on the waist. 

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/oxford-super-leggings?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=1100507490425|410|pg2434111|c0f234b5-7532-4b70-88ea-3cb6526c1f00&utm_campaign=PLA-Oxford Products-All&utm_content={CriteriaId}&kclid=c0f234b5-7532-4b70-88ea-3cb6526c1f00

Edited by Mary#17