Riding Jeans for chick???

shar2487

I've been endlessly looking at jeans with added protection I don't one from another! I'm 6'0 tall this is NOT helping my search!! 34-36 in inseam ideal( not looking like any exist) any thing less than 33in ill be wading! ( might have too :-(! Would love any suggestions or personal experience with riding jeans!!

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

the kevlar enforced jeans are better than nothing, but for what they cost, real textile motorcycle pants offer considerably more protection for marginally more money.

They also generally have straps that keep the armor in place in the event of a crash. That would make them more fitted than buying baggy mens jeans to get a set that is long enough.

/$.02

Not impossible, just difficult

Leather Tourmaster Women's Black Venture Pants - Tall $157.49

34" inseam but has 37" waist

Textile (Mesh) Joe Rocket Alter Ego Pants For Women (on sale) $179.99 - $193.49

Waist 28 to 38; Adjustable inseam with snaps; 35” inseam, but can be shortened to either 32.5” and 31” inseams

Draggin' Jeans are nice, they will all have a 34" inseam

really, get over to Iron Pony and see what they can do

edit: get really tall boots

moar:

http://www.she-rides.com/wtp.html

http://www.jafrum.com/Motorcycle-Pants/Tall-Pants-Women

Alpinestar max inseam 34.25

FieldShear max inseam 32-33

FirstGear max inseam 33.5

Icon max inseam 33

Joe Rocket max inseam 35

Tour Master Tall max inseam 34

Draggin' Jeans max inseam 34

Savannah Scorpions max inseam 34

Edited by ReconRat

http://www.gravitatejeans.com/products-page/womens-apparel/womens-indigo-jeans/

^these have a stretchy crotch so you can sit on the bike for a long time and come in 34" inseam, but they don't talk about any extra protection... so they're pretty much just jeans.

http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/DRAYKO-WOMENS-DRIFT-JEANS

^These say they're all 34" inseam.... questionable, but its what the website says.

I feel ya with the short pants. Its hard to get good fitted women's motorcycle gear in general, especially if you want it to fit and not cost an arm and a leg.

Is there not a women's forum for these questions? Asking a forum full of dudes about riding pants for a chick probably won't yield desirable results.

Yes there is, but if I recall a lot of men here ( like twisted rabbit) have/ know women who ride and might be able to aid in answering some of these questions.

I feel your pain, I'm freakishly tall (6'1") and have been looking for pants as well. I don't have any advice but if you find something that works, let me know.

Also, I'm looking for a good pair of gloves, have you found anything? My fingers just don't work in women's gloves.

Is there not a women's forum for these questions? Asking a forum full of dudes about riding pants for a chick probably won't yield desirable results.

maybe a sponsor might chime in or a hubby of a rider who has long legs :dunno: I mean, its not like she's asking what brand of tampon is the best :rolleyes:

:p

• Upvote 2

And I have the long fingers. Great for musical instruments, but not for gloves.

I buy one size up, which is ok, since tight gloves on a bike won't work.

Flexing hand into a fist on the grip long term needs a bit more room.

You might not enjoy tight gloves.

the kevlar enforced jeans are better than nothing, but for what they cost, real textile motorcycle pants offer considerably more protection for marginally more money.

They also generally have straps that keep the armor in place in the event of a crash. That would make them more fitted than buying baggy mens jeans to get a set that is long enough.

/$.02

this! I love my riding jeans but they honestly offer way less protection than I should have on most of the rides I'm on. They're great for just putting around the parks with the gf on the back though

this! I love my riding jeans but they honestly offer way less protection than I should have on most of the rides I'm on.

That's as simple as adding these two items under your jeans:

forcefield_action_shorts_front_zps17dbcd2b.jpg

shift_zpsc4b55150.jpg

That's as simple as adding these two items under your jeans:

forcefield_action_shorts_front_zps17dbcd2b.jpg

shift_zpsc4b55150.jpg

I'm talking about Shift jeans, those bitches were $75. If I'm gonna add in the expense of those 2 items plus the kevlar jeans, I'm gonna plunk down the change on a good pair of textile pants

Do you really need that much protection hanging around in the kitchen?

:D

In all seriousness, the Forcefield stuff is great, but doesn't offer any abrasion resistance, which is the whole issue with jeans.

My recommendation, similar to others, is always at least some ballistic nylon riding pants. Any of the less expensive brands will be better than jeans, and I believe that Iron Pony keeps many in stock (in addition to a large selection of riding jeans if that's really what you're after). The best way to find something that fits is just to drop by and try a bunch of stuff on.

Edited by Hailwood
  • Upvote 3