Good twisty and "safe" roads around Dayton/Southwest?

Bitani

Dude, my neighborhood! ... Bunch of roads criss cross Stillwater River north and south of Englewood Dam....Little York Rd, Dog Leg, Fredrick Pike, Martindale, Ginghamsburg, Meeker.

Starting from this area I csn come up eith about 3hr worth of good riding.

Do not go racing through Hueston Woods. My child and I go there frequently. Use your fucking head for more than a hat rack. I think you're a nice kid and all but I know who you are and won't hesitate to beat the stupid out of you if you go racing by my kid. We good?

• Upvote 1

Do not go racing through Hueston Woods. My child and I go there frequently. Use your fucking head for more than a hat rack. I think you're a nice kid and all but I know who you are and won't hesitate to beat the stupid out of you if you go racing by my kid. We good?

Hahaha wtf?!?!!

From the responses in this thread I wasn't going to race through Hueston Woods anyways. But...

I didn't start anything with you. How about you "use your fucking head for more than a hat rack" and notice that I was asking about Hueston Woods before doing anything further. Saying that I didn't even know if there was more than one road there pretty much screams that I barely have a clue what the area is. I hadn't even thought of it being a state park until I made the thread. As stupid as that is, and I realize that, it doesn't give you the right to attack me without any provocation.

If you thought I was a "nice kid," you wouldn't act like a jackass and threaten me without even knowing if I was going to go back to Hueston Woods. Making threats doesn't make your e-penis any bigger.

So no, we're not fucking "good." Not that we even had anything going before your idiotic post for you to ask me that.

If I didn't have any respect for you, I would have attacked you back. But I'm honestly fucking offended you decided what my decision was on the matter for yourself. Never once did I say "OH YEAH I'MA GO BACK THERE AND RACE LULS."

Edited by Bitani

Look Jr., in your first post you made it very clear you knew where you were. You also made it clear you were going 10 over AND you also made it clear you were willing to go faster. It's a place where people take their families. Maybe you'll feel differently when you have kids of your own when some kid comes ripping through a state park.

Look Jr., in your first post you made it very clear you knew where you were. You also made it clear you were going 10 over AND you also made it clear you were willing to go faster. It's a place where people take their families. Maybe you'll feel differently when you have kids of your own when some kid comes ripping through a state park.

I'm willing to admit I was wrong in going that fast. But I also had no idea it was a state park, and I hadn't made the connection between that and tons of people going there with young ones. And to say that I made anything clear is a dumb statement considering the fact that you obviously didn't read the OP very well anyways. I said I went way over what the people I was riding with were going - they were going the 10 over I mentioned. Which, yes, I now see was wrong.

The only things I said in my post were "ranger" and "Hueston Woods." When I went to court for the first time I didn't even know what a prosecutor was. Bite me for not knowing shit that I've never had to deal with. I didn't make the connection between even "ranger" and "Hueston Woods" to be a state park with families. The same deal. In no way did I "make it obvious" that I knew where I was or what was around me. I didn't say in my story "And I passed this little 5-year-old boy at 100 mph - the look on his face was priceless!"

All you had to say was "Dude, don't do that. There are kids there, including my son." And guess what? I would have said "Alright. I didn't realize it was even a state park at first. Sorry man." If I would have said "HA HELL NO BRO" then by all means treat me like a damn child.

But nah. You had to be a dick about it. And to keep acting like you're not being a dick is fucking ridiculous. You're putting words in my mouth, acting as if I'm some heartless bastard. "Maybe you'll feel differently.." Don't act like I'm a regular fucking 18-year-old, low-IQ testosterone junkie who smokes weed every second of my day and doesn't care about anybody but himself. If I was do you think I'd even bother joining a forum where everybody is a responsible rider? Or would I be out with some dude I met at a stop sign racing cops at stoplights?

I'm getting really sick of people on this forum acting like my age is a deciding factor in how mature I am or how I ride. Yeah, I make mistakes and don't know things - even basic things; I don't have the experience of you geezers. But at least try and tell me something without trying to step into the shoes of God himself and see how I respond before you attack and threaten me. If you think all 18-year-olds "these days" are the same I might just surprise you.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq5UkMQk0X8tqS7rM3JbZVcgdOUd152nGCtfqinxIMm6SoE-0p

Edited by Bitani
Needs some comic relief

I am being a dick about it, I agree. I'll not say otherwise. When it comes to someone infringing on the safety of my child I can be a colossal prick. As will every single parent on this site. We hang out there quite a bit, spent 4 hours there on Saturday.

As for not knowing where you were, I call bullshit. You don't just accidentally fall into Hueston Woods. There's big signs everywhere, there's also 25mph signs frequently, if you didn't see them I'm concerned for you as an attentive rider.

• Upvote 1

I am being a dick about it, I agree. I'll not say otherwise. When it comes to someone infringing on the safety of my child I can be a colossal prick. As will every single parent on this site. We hang out there quite a bit, spent 4 hours there on Saturday.

As for not knowing where you were, I call bullshit. You don't just accidentally fall into Hueston Woods. There's big signs everywhere, there's also 25mph signs frequently, if you didn't see them I'm concerned for you as an attentive rider.

Guys I'm riding with: Yeah, we'll head up to Hueston Woods.

Me: Okay.

Do you see anything about "State park" or anything in that conversation? Excuse me for not caring about signs that say "Welcome to <Insert location here>." They're not usually a wealth of information.

I didn't know where I was. I'd never been there before. I did see 25 mph signs, but to say that nobody on this site should pass the speed posted on those signs would be a statement of the utmost hypocrisy. HAD I known where I was they might have held more importance to me.

I'm going to send you a PM. I'm done with this on this thread. I've never cared much for public arguments; already had my fair share about political views on Facebook.

Putnam Rd? St? How do I find it?

Just kidding. Already planned on this year being my first track day! Just can't decide between Putnam and Mid-O. :p

And speaking of which, (I'm sure the topic will change now...) how much would you say I should expect to spend each track day beyond just the cost to go? I've already got the gear.

Thanks! I'll pass him a note.

And I know no public roads are "safe," but some are definitely "safer" than others. And track days can't be every day, or cheaper.. unfortunately.

Figure the distance to get there and back (however you choose to do so. On your own or shared with others). 2 tanks of gas in your cycle. You will need to have good tires. Food and beverages for the day, and if you can't sleep in your vehicle, a place to sleep. Local hotels are pretty inexpensive. Especially if you share it with others.

There are more effective ways of getting your point across. All you did was make the guy defensive. Not cool. :nono: Physically threatening someone usually doesn't work, particularly on an anonymous internet forum. Hell, your attitude makes me want to take one of my 5 kids and speed through Hueston Woods on one wheel! :D

There are more effective ways of getting your point across. All you did was make the guy defensive. Not cool. :nono: Physically threatening someone usually doesn't work, particularly on an anonymous internet forum. Hell, your attitude makes me want to take one of my 5 kids and speed through Hueston Woods on one wheel! :D

It's not so anonymous, we have met before. And in my viewpoint of it his actions were threatening physical harm on my kid. So yeah I have a bad attitude about it.

It's not so anonymous, we have met before. And in my viewpoint of it his actions were threatening physical harm on my kid. So yeah I have a bad attitude about it.

You definatley have a point. We both have rode and met Zach on a few occasions. I would assume you would agree for the most part the guy has a good head on his shoulders. I think a simple "Hey man could you slow down around there. I frequent that place along with other family's." would have got the point across. That could really be said for any place like that.

Hopfully you guys worked it out thru PM/sexting.:D

You definatley have a point. We both have rode and met Zach on a few occasions. I would assume you would agree for the most part the guy has a good head on his shoulders. I think a simple "Hey man could you slow down around there. I frequent that place along with other family's." would have got the point across. That could really be said for any place like that.

Hopfully you guys worked it out thru PM/sexting.:D

Lol, yeah man I admittedly flew off the handle. Any dicking around near my daughter usually receives that treatment (sorry Zach). And yeah he is as I said "a good kid". We're in the middle of sexting now but he has not currently accepted my offer of a hug. :D

Lol, yeah man I admittedly flew off the handle. Any dicking around near my daughter usually receives that treatment (sorry Zach). And yeah he is as I said "a good kid". We're in the middle of sexting now but he has not currently accepted my offer of a hug. :D

I know what you mean. The cocksukers that live down the road from me and their riced out CRX's like to blast down my street. I would like to toss a brick through their windshields on their way by. I like to do things like in my avatar pic. Them doing shit like that piss me off.

Edited by 20thGix

Yup, roads around Dayton are just awful. Flat as a pancake and boring. Yup. Not an S turn in the area. goofy.gif

:cool:

you should come on down here your tone will change real quick. we don't have to ride a single road that's 10 miles long to ride and that's our day like you guys. you'll be bored to death around your house after a trip down in KY.

I've done a lot of work in the last 14 years in dayton. I've been all over it to know it's no northern KY.

I know of a road that takes about 30-40 mins to complete (at an average speed of 65) that will tire you out from all the curves it has. they're back to back. when you come out of one you're going into another one. imagine that for about 35 mins or so. it's about 50 miles long.

trust me, you'll have a better time on these roads than anything dayton has to offer. if you want to come try it out sometime just hit me up. that's a serious offer.

Edited by serpentracer

If you head up to champaign county St Rt 245 from West Liberty to Marysville has some decent turns. Some high speeders with a few S curves thrown in but nothing really to write home about. That whole area has some nice back roads that are fairly clean. Mostly farmers and old folds out there.

NKY sounds good except for the psychotic hillbilly locals running guys down with their pickup trucks.

you should come on down here your tone will change real quick. we don't have to ride a single road that's 10 miles long to ride and that's our day like you guys. you'll be bored to death around your house after a trip down in KY.

I've done a lot of work in the last 14 years in dayton. I've been all over it to know it's no northern KY.

I know of a road that takes about 30-40 mins to complete (at an average speed of 65) that will tire you out from all the curves it has. they're back to back. when you come out of one you're going into another one. imagine that for about 35 mins or so. it's about 50 miles long.

trust me, you'll have a better time on these roads than anything dayton has to offer. if you want to come try it out sometime just hit me up. that's a serious offer.