getting new tires. help?

shar2487

I had a 600 for a while, ran batlax Bt016's on it. They were super sticky but didn't wear very long, neither did the Dunlop 206 gp's. I've heard good things about the Bt023 sport touring radial nut haven't rode on them. Whatever tire you pick, check eBay for a better price. I picked up a pair of continental conti motion for $165 shipped. Would have been $190 from any bike or tire website.

I run Roadsmart 2's on the street, and Q2's for spirited stuff. Both hold up well for me and my big bike, but I've stuck with Dunlop because I've had results I wanted. Michelin has a lot of options, but I've only had 1 set of Powers the last 2 bikes so I can't speak much of them

I ran BT016's for awhile and got something like 4000 miles + 1 track day. I just got Bridgestone S20's last season and love them so far. They're both all around good tires for the price.

Been using s20, amazing grip like Velcro, but not getting much life out of them 3k + at best

Lots of good recommendations but one question would be do you ever ride in the rain? If you do a lot of the more sporty tires are not a good choice. There's plenty of sport touring tires that offer loads more grip on a wet road but still plenty of grip for a more spirited ride. Something along the lines of a Continental road attack. One of the members here turned me on to them for street tires a few years ago and I really like them.

I have no need to lie about my mileage. Not sure how I got the mileage I got out of them. I just ride. Some commuting, mostly riding in the twisties at my own moderately aggressive pace.

And the way the weather is lately, I'll more than likely be riding on these on the epic ride.

Pilot Powers I got 2500-3000 on my 636.

Roadsmarts on my 14 I get MAX 5000 miles. They grip like a mf'er and last the longest out of all tires I tried. I have Pirelli Angels on right now just to try them and they are just like the Roadsmarts, it's just your preference.