think I might be a cruiser guy....

Gixxus Christ!

The only bike I ever crashed was a cruiser...a 1999 Honda Magna 750 V4. Sporty by cruiser standards. I was trying to ride it like a sportbike. I was pushing it through corners well beyond what it was designed to do. The suspension couldn't handle it. I lost traction and lowsided.

The last cruiser I owned was a moderately customized Triumph Bonneville America.

picture.php?albumid=1368&pictureid=14603

Cool bike, but it was way more fun to look at than to actually ride :(

I've ridden a few since, but they don't seem to hold my interest vey long.

Sport standards seem to be the best compromise of sport and comfort for long days of riding. At least for me.

The only bike I ever crashed was a cruiser...a 1999 Honda Magna 750 V4.

Anytime I have wrecked has been on a sport bike...lol. *knock on wood*

I wrecked all three I owned. The first I wrecked trying to ride wheelies. The second was wrecked running from the cops (good thing I already outran him). The third was wrecked when someone pulled out in front of me and I locked it up. I bought the last one back from the Insurance company and fixed it back up though. :)

None of them caused any permanent damage, but the worst was the slowest one. Wrecked going about 10 mph on a curve. Hit a reflector in the road. The fastest (slowed to about 90mph when I slid off the road) had the least damage. Grass stains on my favorite pants and shirt.

Glad I've learned a lot and mellowed out a lot since those days. Ignorance on a bike doesn't mix.

The new 1290 Super Duke looks promising but I think more wind protection is needed.

It's surprising how much wind protection a well designed headlamp/flyscreen can provide. It will be interesting to see the new Super Duke.

What are the odds that your TL is beaten up badly enough that you want to get rid of it cheap?

I want a hooligan bike that I can street ride, but also track/race every so often. A TL would do fine.

Plus I've never owned a liter bike, so it would be something different.

Bought my first cruiser, a vt1100 last fall and finally got it on the road. Before that I owned either inline four or v twin sport bikes. I originally bought the shadow to have something comfy for the wife to get on the back of but I'm really digging it. Its got decent power and is pretty comfy. My TL1000s is currently in need of repair due to putting it in a ditch last fall and my plan was to restore it to its former glory and ride it but now I may sell it and just ride the shadow.... Anyway, I'm diggin the cruiser for now.

Congrats on the newfound fun bike. Honestly, I've been eyeballing a friends Roadstar Warrior up for sale.....but its more muscle bike than a standard cruiser and a brute in it's own wright. But I just can't do without my hyper-behemoth.....so my dream lust Connie 14 seems to be the ONLY answer for me :D ....someday anyway....

I plan to restore the TL to her former glory, if I decide to sell it probably won't be cheap. Maybe around $2500. She will be fully restored with all the factory recalls done and only about 18k on the clock. Its a big 'if' on the selling, I really like that bike.

Congrats on the newfound fun bike. Honestly, I've been eyeballing a friends Roadstar Warrior up for sale.....but its more muscle bike than a standard cruiser and a brute in it's own wright. But I just can't do without my hyper-behemoth.....so my dream lust Connie 14 seems to be the ONLY answer for me :D ....someday anyway....

With a 50HP penalty to pay from the 14 to the Connie you can find a fun equivalent to the Connie.

Now if you're talking about a 14 motor in a Connie I'd be all about it.

I plan to restore the TL to her former glory, if I decide to sell it probably won't be cheap. Maybe around $2500. She will be fully restored with all the factory recalls done and only about 18k on the clock. Its a big 'if' on the selling, I really like that bike.

Even if I promised to let you ride it after I got it road worthy?

Let me know if plans change.

With a 50HP penalty to pay from the 14 to the Connie you can find a fun equivalent to the Connie. Now if you're talking about a 14 motor in a Connie I'd be all about it

If only the new Connie had the new 1441cc ZX14 engine.....that would be worth doing at over 200bhp stock, although giving up valuable mileage. Connie's still have tons of tune options to amplify the enjoyment

Dream on kaw, no way you're going to make the trip from Parma to massillon just to let me ride my old bike. No, I have unfinished business with the TL....she threw me once and I've got to get back on and get back to building my skills as a sport rider, and that just aint gonna happen on the shadow. I almost took the advice of a few guys on here and street fightered her but then I looked into how little work it would take to restore her. Got all the parts, just need paint and time....I do love that shadow tho.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I ride what you guys call a couch, a cruiser, because my back just can't take the leaning forward.  Sad to think most of my riding years are behind me now, but there was a day when I loved hill climbing and trail riding.  Not so sure I am limber enough for that anymore either...lol.  So I ride a cruiser, need a backrest, but hey, I am out riding, and that's what counts.  If I was a younger man like most here I would probably have bikes from different  style groups too.

• Upvote 1

And soon you'll be wanting to start a club with vests and patches.

oh god, coming home from Pa one time a few months back, saw a group of 4-5 dudes all wearing "Sons of Anarchy" "OHIO" vests.

no. really. 

All of them

At first I thought "oh crap....bikers", then the lulz sat in.

leaned back on the back rest, put the feet on the highway pegs, put the cruise control on and blasted the music and started to sip  my coffee. 

waved at each of those weirdos' using the hand holding the cell phone. 

How do they not get their asses kicked by real bikers?

I wonder how those guys wearing "fake" colors dont get their asses set on fire. 

tattered looking leather vests with barely readable, yet club looking logos...that are more marketing crap than anything else. You know, the "Purchased Biker®" 

• 8 months later...

Lol at "real bikers"...... Who qualifies as a real biker?

And why should they get all butthurt and violent when someone dresses like them?

1. Actual outlaw criminals who ride motorcycles and would fuck you up.

2. Because they do.