Assault Weapons Ban passed Senate committee

Tomcat0403

The "assault" weapons ban has passed a senate committee and will now go to the floor. There is something I want to know though (you can also see this on my FB wall as well), this was written by me and copied to here...because i am lazy and at work.

I WANT TO KNOW....who actually supports an "assault weapons ban" I do not feel like it is nearly a "majority" of the country. I have not seen support rallies for the ban, no blogs, no news articles supporting the ban, not even FB posts ranting for the BANISHMENT OF ALL WEAPONS. The only thing I have seen are essentially lobbyist groups that say there is a lot of public support. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Anyone actually know of a majority of your friends or relatives that support it?

LOL you realize that lobby groups ARE political operatives, right?!

I'm guessing that's the point he was trying to make to my ill attempt at humor.

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/15/us/politics/panel-approves-reinstatement-of-assault-weapons-ban.html?_r=0

The measure, the fourth and most controversial passed by the committee, is almost certain to fail if brought before the entire Senate and has almost zero chance of even receiving a hearing in the House.

You didn't link any news articles about it so I just wanted to add that bit of reassurance.

• Upvote 1

I'm younger than most of you, and am friends with a bunch of kids I graduated with, as well as below classmates at wright state. I see a lot of support for it... They're all just brainwashed by shit. Funny someone mentioned a stoner avidly supporting it, because I know a guy from high school that that I argue with all the time on fb over it.

Someone at work said a quote the other day that kinda fits the bill. It went something like "a young man is heartless if he is not a liberal, and an old man is unwise if he is not a conservative".

I'm kinda heartless and unwise.

I'm younger than most of you, and am friends with a bunch of kids I graduated with, as well as below classmates at wright state. I see a lot of support for it... They're all just brainwashed by shit. Funny someone mentioned a stoner avidly supporting it, because I know a guy from high school that that I argue with all the time on fb over it.

Someone at work said a quote the other day that kinda fits the bill. It went something like "a young man is heartless if he is not a liberal, and an old man is unwise if he is not a conservative".

As am I. Screw this generation.

There's two political sides in this country, and both are dumb.

• Upvote 1

The "assault" weapons ban has passed a senate committee and will now go to the floor. There is something I want to know though (you can also see this on my FB wall as well), this was written by me and copied to here...because i am lazy and at work.

I WANT TO KNOW....who actually supports an "assault weapons ban" I do not feel like it is nearly a "majority" of the country. I have not seen support rallies for the ban, no blogs, no news articles supporting the ban, not even FB posts ranting for the BANISHMENT OF ALL WEAPONS. The only thing I have seen are essentially lobbyist groups that say there is a lot of public support. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Anyone actually know of a majority of your friends or relatives that support it?

The reason you arent hearing a lot about it is because the white house put a muzzle on the anti's in hopes to keep the infighting away to make them appear more unified.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/how-white-house-quieted-gun-control-groups-88546.html

I guess the real question, after visiting NY and hearing all the people who said they don't care what the "law" says, they are not registering or getting rid of their guns. Question is who actually plans to abide by any assault weapons ban?

As a side note, druggies wanting to ban guns is a oxymoron. Where do the simpletons think their money for their drugs go? Maybe to criminal drug lords who guess what, own all sorts of guns and have people using them so that the druggies can get their product. Totally hypocritical!:nono:

Winston Churchill: "If you're not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain".