Southern Ohio Touring

buildit

Nice video, Luke! Thanks for leading a great ride around some nice new-to-me roads. -Mike

Glad you made it. I find myself wishing I had borrowed your KLR to check out the rest of that closed road. Maybe later this summer I'll return to Pike and explore it on the 950 or KLR when it's repaired.;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can play around between here and Madison Indiana and stay entertained. Or, deal with the boring hour slab to get to the other side of town and go from there. At that point, I would recommend an even smaller 250 and trailer it a bit further to the real decent stuff these guys typically ride.

There's a cincy area dual sport email group you can join over on advrider that will give you the best options.

I've had drs and other dual sports over the years and just couldn't justify owning them while living here. Now that I'm getting back in to riding after a few years off, I am leaning more towards doing what I always wanted to do and get a track bike. I just don't like street riding like I used to, but with the kids wanting to ride along, I'll keep something decent for two up riding.

You can play around between here and Madison Indiana and stay entertained. Or, deal with the boring hour slab to get to the other side of town and go from there. At that point, I would recommend an even smaller 250 and trailer it a bit further to the real decent stuff these guys typically ride.

There's a cincy area dual sport email group you can join over on advrider that will give you the best options.

I've had drs and other dual sports over the years and just couldn't justify owning them while living here. Now that I'm getting back in to riding after a few years off, I am leaning more towards doing what I always wanted to do and get a track bike. I just don't like street riding like I used to, but with the kids wanting to ride along, I'll keep something decent for two up riding.

It's your own fault for getting a Buell. :lol:

Sorry that was a cheap shot. :o

Similar results to the trip I took last weekend out to PA.

If you do something again southside I'd love to tag along!

Is that Centralia, PA?

I've been wanting to trip there ever since I got a bike!

I was on the fence between the DRZ and a WR250F...found a nice deal on an '05 WR so I'm going with that for now. I'll ride it the rest of the season and if I decide it's not for me the wife might want to keep it or I trade for something else.

• 2 months later...
I was on the fence between the DRZ and a WR250F...found a nice deal on an '05 WR so I'm going with that for now. I'll ride it the rest of the season and if I decide it's not for me the wife might want to keep it or I trade for something else.

Street legal, thats news to me?

• 2 months later...

If you're talking about the very last stretch with the big rock,that's Clear Creek RD through Clear Creek Metro Park just north of the Hocking Hills on SR 33.

The stretch before that looks like 374 between 180 and 33...not sure though.

Edited by drc32-0

If you're talking about the very last stretch with the big rock,that's Clear Creek RD through Clear Creek Metro Park just north of the Hocking Hills on SR 33.quote]

Yup, should've recognized it, as the group of misfitrs I ride with have stayed at one of the lodges on Starner about 2 miles s.w. of there. Was looking to rent it again this year for our spring trip but the owners have made it their year round home now.:( The place really worked out great for our group too!