Who wears armor and what do you wear?

JStump

Jagr great no pics in link I CANT READ LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNY1MtsVwG8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It has some issues and I have not kept up with it since the Army failed it.

Im sure R&D is working overtime and this will be an approved piece of gear one day.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear full armor in both jackets but have only worn the pants once. I need a different Fieldsheer jacket that'll work better with them.

Sometimes, I'll also wear my riding boots but typically I just wear jeans and my desert boots.

Minimum:

Helmet

A* Leather Jacket

A* Gauntlet Gloves

Sidi Boots

Longer/Sportier Rides:

All of the Above

A* Track Pants zipped to Jacket

Currently shopping for a good back protector

Finding gear that fits well is key to wanting to wear it. The fit and extra padding in my makeshift 2-peice suit is acutally much more comfortable to wear on long rides than jeans.

Currently shopping for a good back protector

I use a Knox Contour (Non-race version). It is about $150 and is very versatile. With the removal of the jacket's soft back armor, it really isn't that much of a difference. It just sticks out past the jacket. My friends my fun of my tail. :D

The shoulder straps secure it comfortably, and the waist belt actually serves a dual purpose of retention and supporting your mid and lower back.

Commuting & around town: Leather Jacket w/ CE Armor (or mesh jacket with CE Armor on hot days), Gauntlet gloves, high top Motocross boots, Full Helmet. Kevlar jeans.

Demon releasing rides: 1 piece perfed leather suit w/ Full armor & built in back protector, race boots, gauntlet gloves, Full helmet

• 11 months later...

Motoport: Stretch kevlar pants and jacket.....also have a Mesh jacket for summer and the racing glooves they offer!..a little spendy,but,it will out last leathers!.You will also be ALOT cooler in the hot & humid conditions.

Motoport: Stretch kevlar pants and jacket.....also have a Mesh jacket for summer and the racing glooves they offer!..a little spendy,but,it will out last leathers!.You will also be ALOT cooler in the hot & humid conditions.

The won't out last leathers when you hit the pavement.

The won't out last leathers when you hit the pavement.

True had a get off last season wearing a joe rocket textile jacket with jeans and knee/shin guards. The jacket shredded in the forearm area and took a layer of skin with it. Jeans ripped but knee guards saved any rash there

• 4 weeks later...

Scorpion EXO-1000 helmet

Textile/Mesh armored jacket, with a hoodie underneath for cold days. The armor, as far as I'm concerned, isn't removable. Spine, shoulders, elbows.

Padded/reinforced gloves.

Steel-toed boots.

No leg armor yet so that's next on the list, after I replace my helmet, which is like six years old now and pretty beat. Hard to find pants my size tho... anyone know of armor I can wear like baseball sliding shorts, under normal jeans?

Scorpion EXO-1000 helmet

Textile/Mesh armored jacket, with a hoodie underneath for cold days. The armor, as far as I'm concerned, isn't removable. Spine, shoulders, elbows.

Padded/reinforced gloves.

Steel-toed boots.

No leg armor yet so that's next on the list, after I replace my helmet, which is like six years old now and pretty beat. Hard to find pants my size tho... anyone know of armor I can wear like baseball sliding shorts, under normal jeans?

A buddy of mine had some "riding" jeans that had pockets with removable armor similar to football pants but jeans. I'll stick to leathers though.

• 2 weeks later...

Tour Master Transition 2

Caliber pants

Fox Comp 5 boots

Bell Vortex helmet

Liking all 3 but found the shell on the L helmet is quite a bit bigger than the HJC I used to have. It doesnt fit in my top case.

Craig

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

Right now, I have a pair of Fieldsheer Mercury 2 pants, a leather Xtreme Element jacket with removable CE armor for colder weather, and Joe Rocket Mesh with removable CE armor for warm weather. Also Tourmaster Response 2 boots for more casual riding or rain, Gaerne GMX boots for dry weather and more aggressive riding. Gloves: Alpinestars SPS (2008 version), and Drystars for rain/cold. Hopefully I'll be getting a full leather suit for doing a track day this season. Oh... and Bell RS-1 helmet.

Edited by 8Rider6

• 9 months later...