Who wears armor and what do you wear?

JStump

I have a leather jacket with removable armor in the shoulders, the back and the elbow which extends down my forearm. I wear the shoulder and back armor but the elbow/forearm pads are kinda uncomfortable so I tend not to use them. Just wondering what kind of armor you guys wear on your normal rides, not tracks days or anything, just street riding.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your jacket doesn't fit properly. I wear all mine in the jacket. If its going to be a sportier ride I'll also wear the full suit and zip it together.

If it was slightly uncomfortable I'd still wear it. I'd rather be slightly hot and uncomfortable while riding than comfortable sliding across the pavement.

For the sportier rides ill throw the bottoms on my leather suit on, it has the armor. Other than that I'll wear jeans and boots. Most likely riding boots unless I'm commuting somewhere where wearing riding boots isn't feasable, like work or hiking then just regular boots.

Full leather suit, boots, gauntlet gloves, and helmet. If it is going to be a more aggressive ride, I will throw the back protector on too. I even wear full suit when commuting to work with my dress clothes underneath and throw dress shoes in the tail bag.

Pretty sure I saw you riding while I was mowing my yard today.

I have a Joe Rocket Sonic 2.0 (semi-retired), and an A* jacket (both leather), SMX Plus Boots, KBC TK7 helmet (retired), Spidi gloves (retired), now using a Bell helmet and Held gloves.

But, truth be told, I won't always wear an armored jacket, gloves, or race boots when riding around town, though a helmet is pretty much mandatory for me anywhere. I'll gear up fully for spirited rides except for just wearing regular jeans. I don't have pants, short of my full one piece power ranger suit (track only).

Pretty sure I saw you riding while I was mowing my yard today.

I have a Joe Rocket Sonic 2.0 (semi-retired), and an A* jacket (both leather), SMX Plus Boots, KBC TK7 helmet (retired), Spidi gloves (retired), now using a Bell helmet and Held gloves.

But, truth be told, I won't always wear an armored jacket, gloves, or race boots when riding around town, though a helmet is pretty much mandatory for me anywhere. I'll gear up fully for spirited rides except for just wearing regular jeans. I don't have pants, short of my full one piece power ranger suit (track only).

Yeah probably, I was all over the place today enjoying this nice weather.

Also, I put the elbow pads in and they weren't as bad as I thought they were. So now I just need pants to be fully protected. Looking at the joe rocket Phoenix 3.0 pants.

I have armor in the jacket and just picked up these pants from Riders Discount.

http://ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/pants-men/101179.php

They're pretty comfortable without jeans, and I ordered a size up to use as overpants if I need and they're a little tight but doable. There are two zippers on each leg that go from the boot all the way to the thigh so they're real easy to slide on and off. Just a suggestion.

I have the same pants as Nautical1, the Fieldsheer Mercury line. I have a Fieldsheer Congo 2 coat to go with it.

http://ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/jackets-men/101064.php

I've never wrecked in them but they are nice and comfortable on the long rides. Not as waterproof as they claim, the zippers leak. You do stay dry for about the first 30-40 minutes and then you can feel the water working it's way in. I leave the armor in them, once adjusted in the pockets correctly you forget they are even there. Normally if it's more than a 5 minute trip I ride with the most protection I can.

Joe Rocket Textile/Mesh jacket and pants CE armor not sure what the model name are but their like a year old. Spine, elbows, shoulders and hips on the jacket. Pants have Hips and knee pads. I only wear the riding pants on long rides. I'm usually in jack, jeans,boots, gloves, helmet on regular days.

Joe Rocket with elbows. I usually remove the back plate in favor of my back protector. Arai Helmet, A* gauntlets and race boots. Armored jeans or suit if riding aggressively.

Pay the money for the good gear and get it in the right size and you'll love wearing it.