Iron Butt times 7

ReconRat

Here's your adventure.

New American Motorcycle Rally departing from AD Farrow in Columbus Ohio on June 13 - 23.

7000 miles in 9 days!

$500,000 in prizes and cash for participants.

Open to anyone in the world with a stock motorcycle.

Riders and bikes wear tracking devices, and can be followed on line.

official website:

The American Motorcycle Rally

news article:

American Motorcycle Rally Departs from A.D. Farrow Co. Harley-Davidson

edit: This is a non-profit adventure " AMR has decided to donate all proceeds to Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio"

edit: $200 entry fee deductible as charitable.

edit: 21 riders are signed up so far, all Harley with one BMW and one VFR800.

Edited by ReconRat

Entry says $1250 OTD ($1000 ride and $250 for the GPS unit)...

http://americanmotorcyclerally.com/registration.php

Not bad if you can get a sponsor. 100 people pitching in $20. Or 200 people pitching in $10. May be close enough to defray your hotel costs for the event. You'd just have to cover food (~$20/day * 9 days = ~$200) and gas (which at 38mpg and $4/gal = ~ $740) -- so Raise $2000, and then chip in $1000 of your own + vacation time.

I'll spend my vacation days and the seat time on the bike if y'all raise the ALL the money for me (read: $3000 minimum total). :) I'd even let you pick which bike I suffer on - the Hayabusa or the SV1k (or a loaner bike of at least 250cc). Any prize money won to be split between 'sponsors' per their contribution percentage, less any actual shipping/handling costs.*

*Actual details to be discussed and agreed upon within reason.

Edited by JRMMiii

Entry says $1250 OTD ($1000 ride and $250 for the GPS unit)...

http://americanmotorcyclerally.com/registration.php

Not bad if you can get a sponsor. 100 people pitching in $20. Or 200 people pitching in $10. May be close enough to defray your hotel costs for the event. You'd just have to cover food (~$20/day * 9 days = ~$200) and gas (which at 38mpg and $4/gal = ~ $740) -- so Raise $2000, and then chip in $1000 of your own + vacation time.

I'll spend my vacation days and the seat time on the bike if y'all raise the ALL the money for me (read: $3000 minimum total). :) I'd even let you pick which bike I suffer on - the Hayabusa or the SV1k (or a loaner bike of at least 250cc). Any prize money won to be split between 'sponsors' per their contribution percentage, less any actual shipping/handling costs.*

*Actual details to be discussed and agreed upon within reason.

Will sponsor

Busa ftw (good touring bike- and more hp at idle than the hardleys peak)

Lots of hookers and blow to be bought for OR with the winnings:busa:

• Upvote 1