Top 5 Reasons Harleys are Better Than Crotch Rockets

jblosser

Hate to say it, but in my nearly 1000 miles of road-time every week, the only bikes I'm seeing right now are Harley, BMW, and a few Wings. We sport-bikers need to man-up!

That's because us dual sport riders are on the trails getting muddy. I NEVER see harleys where I ride, so they must not be very popular. :rolleyes:

I could craft convincing counter-points to each of the 5 reasons posted, but who the fuck cares?

The 'resale value' argument slays me though. Paying more up-front means you're either A) paying interest to finance the bike (i.e. losing money), or B) "investing" money into a bike that is immediately depreciating at an alarming rate. It may not depreciate as quickly or as drastically as other brands, but the fact is that you could buy a less expensive bike, put the cash difference into a savings account, and come out well ahead of "investing" in your harley.

I don't look at a ton of HD ads on craigslist, but every time I do, it seems like their asking price is beyond ridiculous.

What I miss most about my EX500 was its ability to embarrass the shit out of big-mouthed HD riders.

What I miss most about my EX500 was its ability to embarrass the shit out of big-mouthed HD riders.

Both of my magnas do that....love it when the 750cc blows away the 1200cc+ HD's They can't believe a low cc rice burner could walk away from them. Never any question on the 1100 V65 who will be there first.

I have been thinking I should hide all the emblems on the bikes so that it is not so embarrassing for them :D

Both of my magnas do that....love it when the 750cc blows away the 1200cc+ HD's They can't believe a low cc rice burner could walk away from them. Never any question on the 1100 V65 who will be there first.

I have been thinking I should hide all the emblems on the bikes so that it is not so embarrassing for them :D

:D Edited by Kritz

I don't know if bragging about beating a Harley actually impresses anyone when I pass them all the time on rt 56 with my KLR650. Especially when the KLR has knoby tires, three teeth down in between the front and rear sprocket and maxes out at 70 mph by GPS. :):easy_button:

Best part is on the KLR they never hear me coming!:dirtbike2::rolleyes:

I don't know if bragging about beating a Harley actually impresses anyone when I pass them all the time on rt 56 with my KLR650. Especially when the KLR has knoby tires, three teeth down in between the front and rear sprocket and maxes out at 70 mph by GPS. :):easy_button:

Best part is on the KLR they never hear me coming!:dirtbike2::rolleyes:

I beat a couple with my wifes Accord on the freeway.:)