High Speed Chase Columbus

gsxr07

I hate it when you pull over to let a fire truck past and the guy behind you passes you/cuts you off as you as pulling back in to traffic. I thought common decency requires you to stay in order when you set off again?

"back in my day" i used to be "that guy" lol...except, i would pull over and let the truck pass, then immediately start rolling again and pretty much just tail gate the truck (with reasonable stopping distance) and pass everybody on the road....oh how great it was to be 17...i feel so old :(

Think it was meant to be "speeds in excess of 130 inches/minute"

When will criminals grasp the concept of "get-away"? You dont wipe with a hammer then use a turd to drive nails! Buy a clue and equip yourselves with the tools to do the job - steal a Lambo or a Busa......THEN rob the bank......jeesh

sooo... when you're passed by a high-speed chase, is it difficult to resist the urge to peg it to 150 in the opposite direction? You know the cops have more important things to worry about.

About 15 years ago, I was driving East across Illinois about 8pm on a Friday. Just outside of Joliet about 15 staties etc went flying the other way on I-80 with their lights blazing. I had a 1993 Plymouth Duster with a strong little V-6. About the same time I did it, a Camaro and I jumped into the far left lane and did 100+mph all the way to the tollbooths on the West side of Chicago.

That trip I made it from Omaha, NE to Grand Rapids, MI in 8.5 hours. That's 650 miles and my road trip buddy and I stopped once for gas and food.

Is that a dodge shadow? Probably lucky to do 85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless, it had the V6 they dropped in those things in the early 90's. See my story above. That car would haul ass.

Edited by SirAlienJ

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is kinda old. But it kills me to see so many who have no clue as to what these cars are capable of. It's hard to believe but yes they can make power and I love beating corvettes with my 87 shadow. I may not be able to beat a busa but there are some that will give them a run.