No-Mar Junior Deluxe

BMMW

Just got it yesterday. Showed up in a big box.

Assembly was simple enough, without any major issues. I did have to ream out one of the upper brackets holes and installed some larger bolts/knobs. All the other fasteners, holes, threads, pieces were top notch.

I build a base for it, mounted it, and moved it into place.

I've watched the operation videos a few times and actually got my first tire removed from the rim without any trouble. My assistant, who was required to stand on the base, to keep the thing from moving across the floor, did a great job. Not having a hammer-drill kept me from mounting it to the floor.

Getting the new tire on was a breeze. I'm loving this thing. I proceeded to remove ALL my worn tires from all my rims. The giant stack of Q2's was next (thanks to TJ at ridersdiscount). Got most of them onto the rims and all the bikes have new rubber now.

Next I tried the balancer. Got a tire to hover around a neutral spot and will take it to the shop on Saturday to see just how close I was able to balance it.

The setup was expensive. There are other ones out there for less. I think that with all the extras in the deluxe kit, this Pro model will pay for itself soon enough. I'm saving $20 each time I demount/mount a tire. With 8 wheels done last night, I've recovered $160 in one night.

And the best part. Not a scratch on any wheel I worked on. It's a smooth setup.

If you show up with a hammer drill, a concrete bit, and wheels/tires, I will change em' for you, for free, in exchange for use of your drill. LOL

I like the mobile mount where you drive a vehicle on it to keep it in place. That would be great to take for garage days so people can change their own hoops.

Still contemplating.

i love the no mar products..

hate the prices, and the fact that if i buy a nomar machine, i have to buy another set of clamps to do cruiser/touring/stiff sidewall bikes..

the machine i have now does everything without issue, and no scratches.. but i still couldnt live without my nomar bar

They are a little pricey,but if you're in the market for one you can save a little money at the I.M.S shows.I got the classic model for $460(if I remember right) at the Cleveland I.M.S this year.No taxes,no shipping if you pick it up at the show.

If I would have bought that thing when I bought the FJR it would have payed for itself two times over.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of weeks, and a track day later ... and the No-Mar has removed about fourteen bike and two truck tires. After that it's been busy putting on eight bike and two truck tires.

No busted knuckles and no scratched rims.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

imprezz and ducrx... but I'm sure ther is more than enough business to go around for 3 awesome independent guys doing work in their garages...

if you got a victory, see ducrx, i believe he just bought the extra clamps needed to do yours.

i think imprez is probably closest to you. bmmw is closest to me, but he doesn't spew the conserva-nazi rhetoric that i am forcibly showered with have come to love when i take my stuff to ducrx (all the way out in ravenna), so it's going to be a tough choice.

3 dudes. 3 tire changing machines. they should probably fight to the death.

• Upvote 1

I went to imprezz, about 25 minutes from Elyria. Great guy and he never gave up unmounting my rear tire which put up a huge fight! Probably due to the age since it was super stiff and cracking.

• Upvote 1

gladiator style with their no-mar bars! 3 men enter, 1 man leaves!

I like it! Casper, set up a paypal betting system. I have $10 on imprezz, nothing against BMMW, I just have not seen you wield a nomar bar haha

• 8 months later...

I don't know how I missed this thread before, I would never miss an opportunity for a fight to the death!

"I'm Spartacus Closer!"

"No, I'm Closer!"

kirki-douglas-spartacus-hero.jpg

Who is the closest NEO guy that changes tires to Elyria? I used to drive to cf7x. Unfortunately, I assume he's not doing tire changes anymore...

I ended up buying his machine, and conveniently live no more than 5 minutes away. I'm not sure where the territory lines are though, we might have to have a few gangland fights to determine that.

Edit: Anyone know what the strike-through code is?

Edited by imprez55
  • Upvote 1