Photos of the bike loaded to go

buildit

My '02 ST11000 -

IMG_6296Large.jpg

I toss a Hele2Wheels XL Clothes Sack ( see: http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/1104/Helen_Twowheels_Clothes_Sacks ) across the passenger seat and tie it on with two ROK straps and I'm good to go.

Easy and quick on and off, easy to carry to hotel room and it holds more crap than I could ever need on a bike trip. I keep clothes inside of it in camping dry bags as teh Helen can leak in heavy rains despite it's claim to be waterproof.

The Honda panniers I keep spares in (tools, maps, camelbak, bike cover, etc) and rarely use them clothes. Stuff that is in there is in there year 'round. Also use for anything I might pick up during the day so I don't have to repack the Helen bag to add stuff.

My small tank bag carries camera, ear plugs, knife, pens, apper and crap like that.

Finally, I bungee a 12 pack color on top. Usually has some water and a couple of pops in it.

Fully loaded even with sheepskin and caterpillar o-ring cruise control

CIMG0297.jpg

Fully loaded with precious cargo on the dragon. By accident??

zeefoto7-25-08-6.jpg

Cargo net + hard tail case = even more storage options!!!

DSCN0297.jpg

I should just call it an 'FJR 600' instead.. I'm really only a adjustable touring screen and hard saddlebags away from having a FJR wannabe..

Edited by armith

It will do it, but the engine will be "busy" and gas mileage will suck.

If I'm going to be touring at those speeds, I take the FJR:)

Still partial to my FJR! It'll do about 40-42 MPG going 80 with the old stock exhaust. I went to Two Bros. titaniums and it went down to about 38. Still have to get it dynoed to tune in the PCIII.

I have a lot of respect for the 'Stroms. They are mules to say the least; guy I used to ride with had a cockpit that looked like a home entertainment center sans the LCD screen. The seat is so wide that the surface area plus the tops of two good sidecases can carry a sofa. They are torquey too...I used to own its cousin, the SV650. Even that thing can load up quite a bit of stuff.

Here's my old bike en route to San Francisco with a stop in Monterey. Didn't have the tank bag but close enough.

n3402780_33731495_6187.jpg

Sometimes I also carry spiritual luggage too. That's one of the nuns in my aunt's order (she's a nun too). BTW, this convent is right next to Cook's Corner, one of the most famous motorcycle stops in Southern California. It's kinda hard to put a nun in the topcase though.

n3402780_32772163_235.jpg

My SV1000 loaded up taking one last run on the Dragon.

img_0425.jpg

BTW, your SV1000N makes me drool. I've wanted a yellow one forever but I'd have to beg Europe for one now. Stupid Americans and their inability to import the good stuff. :mad:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The Givis were a Christmas gift... so' date=' I'm kind of obliged to make the best of it. They are cool, but a bit cumbersome to get on/off the bike with the tail bag. Not really what I was going for.

Geez.. that sounds really shitty, doesn't it? :([/quote']

I'm assuming you like to swing the leg across the seat? Might I suggest you load up like getting on a horse? If your kick is on firm terra put the left foot on the peg and step over with the right. Oh yeah, hold the bars too. lol

Edited by buildit

• 3 weeks later...