Photos of the bike loaded to go

buildit

Everyone has their way of hauling the gear on the long trips. Lets see what you haul.

I'll start.

V-strom loaded on the trip to the Dragon

MeonDragon.jpg

KLR with saddle bags. Easy to strap the tent and sleeping bag across the back over the top.

fieldshereback.jpg

Lets see your bikes ready to go.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my bike on a trip through OH/PA/MD/WV/VA.

Rode two-up for a total of about 1000 miles.

Nelson Rigg expandable tank bag and a set of NR soft bags. I also have a NR expandable tailbag that can strap to the saddlebags and sit on the passenger seat when I'm ridin solo.

I'm debating whether I want to spend around $1200 on a full set of Givi hard luggage, plus however much to get heated grips, lower passenger pegs, and a -1 front sprocket/speedohealer.

The other option is a brand new FJR1300 =)

I'm debating whether I want to spend around $1200 on a full set of Givi hard luggage, plus however much to get heated grips, lower passenger pegs, and a -1 front sprocket/speedohealer.

The other option is a brand new FJR1300 =)

Nice rig:)

Not sure what Givi cases you are looking at but you should be able to equip your bike pretty well for ~ $800. I have gone through a lot of different luggage setups in the past 10 years. I'm also pretty hard on stuff as you can see from my post above. That said, I highly recommend Givi luggage. The racks are some of the toughest available.

My FJR was my first Yamaha and she's a keeper:)

picture.php?albumid=544&pictureid=5542&thumb=1

just an overnite trip. (lol yea right!)

Ivana Trump doesn't carry that much for an overnight trip.:eek: Did the crane lower you onto the seat?

:lol:

I hope you had a nice time in.... Where'd you go?? :D Was this a tractor pull event? :)

Edited by buildit

Use a periscope to see over that tank bag? :)

I used to have a TLS. At one point, I owned 3 (ebay horror story for another time). I loved that motor, hated the rear suspension.

Your 97 was the birth of one of the best motors to ever be put in a motorcycle IMO.

Here's the Strom in camping mode, hauling enough for a week-long stay, camping gear:

KCR_Ride_2.JPG

(with room left over to put an AR15 on top of the gear, cause you need that)

This is a how it looks if we do 2-up, credit-card camping:

63_WVtrip_Marietta.JPG

I don't run a huge pannier setup like a lot of adventure bikes, I much prefer a smaller side case for normal tools/necessities and then strap on the luggage that I need for the trip.