My 89 Kawi ZX-10 update

ICEMAN

You seem pretty organized... Keep it that way or you will regret it. Ha. Good work, now HURRY up and finish it!! :wheeliezx10:

Thanks!!!

Im goin streetfighter with it. It wont be finished til closer to the end of the year, in the fall hopefully, i wanna ride it this year!!!

Itll look like my SV or a Z1000 when im finished with it... I will fab my own new subframe and put plastic off a newr bike onto the back, prolly have to use the tail section off a 1000 b/c a new 600 tail section will be too small, unless its from an SRAD, hahaha...

yah im very organized. everything is bagged up and tagged. Plus i have a parts diagram and i can order any part for this bike, so if i lose sumthing, i can have it in a few days anyways...

The pictures indicate this was taking place last year...

hahahaha, i will have to reset the camera, thanks for noticing that!!!

Update as of July24, 2007!!!

I removed the cooling system and components, exhaust and headers, and finally got the whole electrical string off the bike......

UPDATED as of July 29, 2007..

rear wheel, suspension and swingarm removed!!!

i wont be adding post with pics, just keeping the before pics in the first post and replacing the after pics with the most recent to keep the number of pics in this update down to a minimum...

i cant wait to see how this turns out.

me too, lol

just keep going because when you take time away, you end up with a bike sitting in pieces and it will be two years later and still sitting there. Don't ask how I know.

ohhhh no no no.... no sitting around, i waited 2 months before i started tearing it apart and that SUCKED!!!

this is the EXACT direction im headed, i saw this bike while i was searching for what i had drawn up in my head, and this fit the EXACT description!!!!! exhaust especially, whether its the shooter or not! but i REALLY want this shooter! i might order some parts through this guy too, like the brake fluid res. brass knuckles...

http://www.angryguystreetfighters.com/photo_gallery/helltailgunner/index.htm

me too, lol

ohhhh no no no.... no sitting around, i waited 2 months before i started tearing it apart and that SUCKED!!!

this is the EXACT direction im headed, i saw this bike while i was searching for what i had drawn up in my head, and this fit the EXACT description!!!!! exhaust especially, whether its the shooter or not! but i REALLY want this shooter! i might order some parts through this guy too, like the brake fluid res. brass knuckles...

http://www.angryguystreetfighters.com/photo_gallery/helltailgunner/index.htm

that is one sick bike. the front end is sweet and ive heard about the gatling gun exhaust but never seen it. everything ive ever dreamed of.

that is one sick bike. the front end is sweet and ive heard about the gatling gun exhaust but never seen it. everything ive ever dreamed of.

yah same here, im soooo hopin to get it... it doesnt look like your typical exhaust.. guy at bike week in Sandusky had one on an 03 R6, thing sounded SWEET and looked awesome, but he didnt have it rotating....

UPDATED AS OF AUGUST 6, 2007....!!!

Brakes and resevoirs removed, swing arm, links, and a bunch of other sh*t cleaned!!!

now, literally, all i have left is to unbolt the engine and front end...

PICS IN FIRST POST!!

Edited by ICEMAN

• 2 years later...

HUGE UPDATE for this forum... havent updated this on here for a LOOOONG time!!!

got everything powdercoated and some assembled!!! Im making it a sport touring bike!!

check it out!!!!!!! (dont mind the flowery blanket, lol, i keep it in my car as a rag, or to set stuff on in my car)

3615871037_42d9fe044a_b.jpg

3615871399_37a45326f0_b.jpg

3615871567_2486277b4b_b.jpg

3615871759_1838381918_b.jpg

3615871959_eabbb17d7f_b.jpg

3615872133_a6524aeec6_b.jpg

3616690948_f11598db7f_b.jpg

3616691148_061662a196_b.jpg

3616691296_ff27c37691_b.jpg

3615872805_d5612626b5_b.jpg

3615872979_332493172b_b.jpg

3615873115_bbe267c0b0_b.jpg

3616691992_1fb16ff0bb_b.jpg

3616692134_7f78488561_b.jpg

3615873501_0b650b1fd4_b.jpg

*UPDATE AS OF AUGUST 12, 2009*

Got the steering stem bearings together and bottom triple mounted. Just need to torque down the top bolt to 43 in/lbs. very light pressure. I got it by hand, to where there is no wiggle, but it spins freely on the bearings without feeling any pressure at all so im gonna leave it there.

Got the frame bracket/engine mount bolted to the frame also. only have 3 of the 8 bolts, rest are on B/O for a week, but im not torqin it down b/c the engine is not in.

i need to grind out some of the powdercoating in the upper triple. In a spot i forgot to have Jeff plug off. Once i do that, i will mount the upper triple, and then slide in the forks, front axel, front wheel. Then put on the clipons and have the front end completed.

A bolt im waiting on should be in today or tomorrow to get the rear suspension and swingarm mounted up to the frame!!!!

here is my current stop!!

3813788989_c7f4890ce8_b.jpg

Sweet. Let us know how the powder coat holds up on the rear sets. Keep the updates coming.

will do!!!!!

whoa 2 yr build...

haha. 2 and a hald years almost!! this will def be an 3 year build!!!

i plan on having this completed spring of 2010 at the earliest!!! still got a LOT of work to do. gotta mold FJR or Concourse mount brackets and hard bags to it and sand and paint the plastics.

I rebuilt the forks with Progressive soft springs for a nicer ride.

every bearing exterior of the engine has been replaced with new OEM or All Balls.