Which would you prefer for street use? CBR1000RR or CB1000R? Why?

OhioBob

So, I have been eyeing the new Suzuki GSX-S1000 and it got me looking over reviews how it compares to other bikes in the same class (i.e. Speed Triple, Ducati Monster, Kawasaki Z1000, and yes the CB1000R).   For some reason the CB1000R is often overlooked as a great street bike of the super standard (naked) class.  Not sure why, because all my research and YouTube videos has discovered it should be one of the top picks for this class.

So, as I said before, during my research and diving further into this new class of bikes, I started wondering which would others prefer for street use / hooliganism, the CBR1000RR or CB1000R.

So, which would you pick for street use only?  Why?

I am seriously thinking of getting rid of my VTX1300C and replace it with a super standard (naked) bike and keep my 2006 CBR1000RR too.

To be honest, I have singled it down to two in the super standard class, Honda CB1000R and the Suzuki GSX-S1000.  I have always thought the streetfighter (stripped down sportbike (liter bike)) was an amazing idea.  The performance of a sportbike and comfy ergo's of a streetbike.)

Just wondering.

OhioBob

The CB1000R is a fine street bike and a good handler.  It's overlooked because it's down on power in the class, but it's still plenty fast.  Honda also didn't put much of a marketing effort behind it.

If you like it, get it.  You can find good deals on them.  It looks good in red & black

29099_2015_CB1000R.jpg

This is going to be a question answered almost purely opinion and cost....

I'm sure they have different riding characteristics just like an R6 is different than a 600RR when you sit on them, and where they make the most power, etc. - but as far as capability, both are going to be so close that it's completely negligible.

We live in a spoiled era.  Each manufacturer makes multiple bikes that are better than we are.  Choose the brand you like better, or the bike that feels better, and just buy that one.  Who cares that the Honda has 150hp instead of 165hp...  I would honestly do yourself a favor and try to forget everything you've read about both bikes and make a judgment based on test riding them both.  If that's not possible, buy whichever one is cheaper.  Definitely test another naked bike before buying one though.  prolonged highway wind-speed can do a number on your neck. 

• Upvote 2