Electric 2 wheel scooter hover board things

Gump

Similar to a Segway. Anyone have one? Who's it made by? Not necessarily the brand. My kid wants one. Found them in China cheapest and of course the same one can have a different sticker on it.

There are ones with lights, and lights with wifi speakers

It's the one shaped like a skate board, not a bowling bag.

Apparently this is pretty common.

MA get some water, hoverboard is on fire!!

Haha. Sheeeet the one I'm looking at is only $261 6" model. I think that's the bigger 10" model. Hopefully it's fire would be smaller.

Why the fuck are these called hover boards?

They have wheels!

Hovering involves levitation, right?

Saw them at bed bath & whatnot tonight for $500

Swegway? They're called a lot of things.

http://m.gearbest.com/scooters-and-wheels/pp_246650.html?currency=USD&gclid=CJyYs4u8vMkCFQ8vaQodM6wPGg

I prefer by barbers to self balance on their own doing a shave. On that note would a drunk on a self balancing hoverboard be kept upright?

I expect more and more imported crap to be and should have already been blocked.

I do have a slight issue with buying direct out of country so easily. At least their should Ge restrictions to selling the end user direct from foreign countries. Cuts out the middle man in the U.S. Not sure how Asia can sell stuff so cheap and offer free shipping.

I do have a slight issue with buying direct out of country so easily. At least their should Ge restrictions to selling the end user direct from foreign countries. Cuts out the middle man in the U.S. Not sure how Asia can sell stuff so cheap and offer free shipping.

Because that's how little this stuff REALLY costs to produce!  The regular market models are usually a little more robust, but I would doubt that they're 5-10 times the cost more robust!  We ahve some Android tablets floating around the house here that came from one of those china crap websites.  Some of them actually work really well.

• 2 weeks later...