My new piece of shit subaru

Gixxus Christ!

The na 2.5i is pretty un-tunable. Even with full intake and exhaust and cams and a tune you only net like 20-25 hp for your $2k investment. I just want it to sound a little meaner.

It's not all about horsepower.  Driveabilty and fuel economy are big winners with a proper tune, as well.

fuelly disagrees. Hopefully the filters apply in the copied link, but I grabbed the 2.5 liter engine from the options box

http://www.fuelly.com/car/subaru/impreza?engineconfig_id=17&bodytype_id=&submodel_id=

My car told me to to tell you to tell fuely to suck it.

20151007_172221.jpg

My car told me to to tell you to tell fuely to suck it.

A lot of fuel economy is about how you drive it, so I'm not saying 27.x is inaccurate, but it appears to be the exception.  For the 2009 2.5 liter impreza, they have 741,000 miles tracked, and those users are averaging 22.7 mpg.  

I average about 3 mpg better than the listed average for my car, but I drive 80 miles a day, almost all highway...

I've seen inaccuracies with the on board mpg gauges. I'll divide the miles by the gallons next time I fill it up.

I have tracked this loosely on my wife's car.  Mine doesn't have a computer to do it for me.  Anyway, the wife's car is usually .3-.5 mpg optimistic.  That's a lot closer than I was expecting.

I think it's more likely that fuelly users are making errors in entering their data.  I know one woman on the corolla forums thought her car had a 14 gallon tank (way wrong. like, by 4 gallons...) and was dividing by 14 every time she filled up, rather than dividing by how much gas she actually added...  That's one glaring example of stupidity, but it would pull down the average by a bit.  Maybe not if it's only 1 person and 700,000 miles being tracked, but stupidity is a variable that can't be ignored.

I had to drive with mileage in mind in the wifes 08 2.5 with the slushbox just to get into the 24-25 range on our commute in Denver.  Of course she would take it and get it all the way down to 21-22!  On the highway it would pull low 30's at steady 65-70.