SEO Paving Update: Rt26 from Woodsfield to Jerusalem

EOdesmo

Just a quick heads up for anyone riding in the Woodsfield/Beallsville area.  

SR26 from about 4 miles outside of Woodsfield to the intersection of 26/145 at Jerusalem is all new pavement.  A fun twisty bit of  road and a nice way to get from Woodsfield to Beallsville if your tired of Rt.800/145.  

Speed safely... :-)

• Upvote 1

They didn't happen to pave past 145 did they,like up to 148?

Initially it appears they did..... Unfortunately, there's only new pavement for first 1/4mile... then the old pavement to 148. It's still in pretty good shape for the most part.

Edited by EOdesmo

Thanks for the info on 26.I went over an rode it yesterday...it was very fun.I also see why they didn't pave between145 and 148,it's already in very good condition.Just a little blast down 148 and you can link the newly paved 147/9 and that great ride down 26 to Woodsfield.From there I headed towards the Marietta area to check out some new pavement in that area.

I've been spending most of my riding time West of 77 for the last couple of years,but the northern part of SEO east of 77 is making a come back in road surface quality.That's one of the things I like about SEO...if you follow ODOT and county paving around the area there is always some great riding somewhere and you don't get bored riding the same routes.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Terry, on your recommendation we ran that section of 26 in the southbound direction yesterday & it was nice & grippy as promised. Thanks. On a side note, we also hit up 255 southbound & found Its condition very nice for running at pace. I had been avoiding 255 because of the bad publicity but obviously it was just a smear campaign.

Terry, on your recommendation we ran that section of 26 in the southbound direction yesterday & it was nice & grippy as promised. Thanks. On a side note, we also hit up 255 southbound & found Its condition very nice for running at pace. I had been avoiding 255 because of the bad publicity but obviously it was just a smear campaign.

Jim, Thanks for the heads up on 255. I too have avoided it this year. I'm planning on hitting a few of the usual susupects in that area this weekend and will add 255 to the play list.