Looking for a shop / awesome person to work on my bike in NE Ohio.

Kruse08

I purchased a new bike last weekend - a 92 Honda 750 Nighthawk and it has a few hiccups that I need sorted out.  I am wanting to get it on the road but am looking for a shop or person in NE Ohio that is really good.  Any help would be appreciated as I would like to ride the bike before the seasons end.  My skills for fixing some of the issues is limited and want a professional to do the work.  I am in Medina area and have a friend who is willing to help transport the bike depending on the day I take it.  Thank you again for any info. Also willing to bring the bike to Columbus if need be.

Edited by Kruse08

Pauly is in Ravenna. Nobody else in the area is allowed to touch my bikes. Well worth the ride over when he has availability.

Crazyskull-F'er is in Massillon too, I'd trust him with repairs too

In Cbus #1 recommendation is Hoblick if he is still doing that stuff on the side 

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 1

I should state what needs work.  I think the carbs either need cleaned / synced/ rebuilt, I have purchased tires and want them mounted and balanced since it will be at the shop.  Also want the chain / sprockets looked at to see if they are still good.  A few odds and ends as well.

Edited by Kruse08

I should state what needs work.  I think the carbs either need cleaned / synced/ rebuilt, I have purchased tires and want them mounted and balanced since it will be at the shop.  Also want the chain / sprockets looked at to see if they are still good.  A few odds and ends as well.

I am in Medina and would gladly take a look!

• Upvote 2

Thank you Bad324 for the information and Whaler that would be helpful.  Trying to get the bike taken care of next week if at all possible.  Will be working on it Saturday and Sunday and then having my friend help me transport on Monday if I find a place or someone.

• Upvote 1

I am in Medina and would gladly take a look!

Whaler is in Medina.  He does great work!  Can mount/balance your tires with a NoMar tire changer.   He's done 2 carb rebuilds for me and doing another for me tonight.  He has a carb syncer that he can connect to the bike and make sure each carb fires identical to the next. Gives him great feedback on fine tuning the carbs as well. 

I'd highly recommend him.  Plus he's an overall cool guy as well. 

• Upvote 2

i concur with BAD324

IssacsPapa - Pauly

CrazySkullCrusher - Same

Hoblick - thats me, i dont do carbs though.  i pretty much am down to tires, suspension work & Tuning, and powder coating.  My work load has picked up a lot at my day job as well as my side work, and have been doing a lot of powder coating, so i try to stick to just those key things because i am best at those and can get the work done quickly.  but on my slow/off season i will open up my work to other things.

and heard good things about Whaler as well

My OCD carb synchronizer...

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s488/whaler1993/0859FE19-878F-4EA9-875E-CFE6459E6C64.jpg

PLC with 8" color touch screen 16 bit inputs and accurate to about 2 mm of mercury. Most bikes need to be within 2 cm of mercury (20 mm).

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s488/whaler1993/59B90E45-0CA7-4DD5-8B8C-60B414CF5485.jpg

Gage view

Edited by whaler

Whaler and I have worked on a lot of bikes together including carb syncs, exhaust, jetting, forks, etc. Between the two of us we have all the right tools to do just about everything. We have both completed our own project bikes as well. Now there is a NoMar in the stable which gives us the ability to mount and balance our own tires. Like Derek stated above, Whaler is a very knowledgeable cool guy that has a passion for motorcycles. Any work that is done will be done right. Plus we are in Medina, which is a short jaunt from Brunswick.

I can do all this for you. Carbs will be $250. Chain and sprocket another $80 labor only if they need replaced. Inspection is free. Tires $40 each plus $50 to get the wheels on and off the bike.

Let me know. 330.338.9708

Sam

$250 to clean/sync carbs!? I used to charge a twelver of domestic beer and I usually got it close enough. :lol:

I can personally vouch for Pauly, as he's work on several of my bikes (3, now, i think?).

I've also heard good things about Whaler.  And Hoblick/CSC has an excellent rep as well.

Any of these guys you take it to will treat you right.