Givi has terrible customer service.

2talltim

First off I love Givi products I've bought or owned over $1000 worth of their stuff over the years.

My first dealings with their customer service was a couple years ago when I bought a set of engine guards for the Vstrom directly from their tour and ride web site. The box came damaged and the bars were scratched. I think it was mostly to do with the way they were packaged but was told by Givi Customer Service I had to work it out with FedEx and they weren't going to do an throng about it because they were damaged during shippment. I got nothing but attitude on thr phone like I was wasting their time.

Now fast forward to now, I lost one of my keys to my top box and I shopped around for a replacement key blank. Found a couple places online that sells them for $8 but they was $12 for shipping (For A Fucking Key?). So again I decided to call givi and see if they could hook me up with a simple key blank. I don't want to hand out just want to key at a reasonable price with reasonable shipping. Once again I get nothing but an attitude on the phone with the guy saying "that's just thr way it is". Also said I could order the key off of them but they are also going to charge me around $10 for shipping. Only alternative he could give me was ordering a lock set to get more bang for my buck for $10 but "they're out of stock" and " who knows when they'll be back in". And I'm not so much upset about the information I got. It's the way that it was given to me. The guy had a total attitude like I was wasting his time and treated me like he was talking to a child.

I kind of shrugged off the first time around with the engine guards but after this time I'm seriously going to consider my options next time I need to purchase something.

I just replaced all locks on my Givi bags. Was cheapest to buy the lock sets on EBay. Was easy to install as well.

I have a lock and key you can have if you don't mind two keys

Only have one Givi lock, the side boxes match my ignition. Edited by 2talltim

I've got a bunch of Givi keys from when I re-keyed the locks on my monokey cases a few years ago.

What key/lock # do you need ?  I'll see if I have an extra one.

If you would prefer, send me a PM with the #

Show me any Italian company that has good customer service?

It's like a unicorn...

Nolan knocked it out of the park for me. Had a problem with my ratcheting neck strap. They sent me a new latch along with a free pin lock shield for my trouble. Sent it to me 2nd day fedex. Then called a week later as a follow to make sure I was happy and everything was resolved.

Japanese for customer service are generally number 1. I bought a set of bridegstones for my old car. Constantly had a radial pull. Tire shop was of no help. Wrote an email to bridegstone. They wrote back apologizing profusely and sent me a $500 visa card for a new set of tires.

Nolan knocked it out of the park for me. Had a problem with my ratcheting neck strap. They sent me a new latch along with a free pin lock shield for my trouble. Sent it to me 2nd day fedex. Then called a week later as a follow to make sure I was happy and everything was resolved.

Maybe you were lucky, my experience has not been so good.