Where is the edit button?

bandit12

That's where it used to be for me also but now it's just the Report, MultiQuote and Quote buttons.

I don't know, maybe it's time to just blow the media devices away and go back to candles and crayons.

Is the intent to "inconvenience" you into becoming a supporter?

No, I think it is a limitation of the software. It has been that way since Casper switched over. Lot of peeps don't notice it until their Sponsor expires or they don't edit often.  Don't get me wrong, Casper is to blame for most everything but for this one time only I do not think it is his fault.

• Upvote 3

No, I think it is a limitation of the software. It has been that way since Casper switched over. Lot of peeps don't notice it until their Sponsor expires or they don't edit often.  Don't get me wrong, Casper is to blame for most everything but for this one time only I do not think it is his fault.

It is my fault. :) 

I've had issues in the past with people editing their posts (like stuff for sale, claiming one thing, then editing after sold). With vBulletin, I had a log of edits so when someone complained about this, I could pull up the log for them. IPB does not have this log. To somewhat remedy the problem and also try to relax the 30 day/30 post rule, I decided to restrict the ability to edit to supporters. The idea there is that if you've paid money and are an active supporter of the website, you probably aren't out to screw people with misleading ads. Of course I could be wrong, but that's the theory. If anyone needs a post edited, they can also ask a mod/admin and we'll gladly do it. 

• Upvote 1

It is my fault. :)

I've had issues in the past with people editing their posts (like stuff for sale, claiming one thing, then editing after sold). With vBulletin, I had a log of edits so when someone complained about this, I could pull up the log for them. IPB does not have this log. To somewhat remedy the problem and also try to relax the 30 day/30 post rule, I decided to restrict the ability to edit to supporters. The idea there is that if you've paid money and are an active supporter of the website, you probably aren't out to screw people with misleading ads. Of course I could be wrong, but that's the theory. If anyone needs a post edited, they can also ask a mod/admin and we'll gladly do it. 

We have Moderators?  :lol: