Sena 10C a brilliant idea

Hoblick

It certainly will simplify blogger equipment, and will add another option for the rest of us who might want to record some of the fun commentary on group rides while we're shooting video.

It's neat, but now I fear even more videos of mundane rides being posted, now with running commentary.

True story.  Though some of them like Everide's are really, really good.  There's something about that guy's attitude that speaks to me.

Great idea combining the communications with the camera.  The only issue for me is the battery life.  If you use the camera and communications at the same time you are looking at a 2 hour battery life, which is too short in my opinion.  Need to get the battery to last 8 hours and then I am sold!

Great idea combining the communications with the camera.  The only issue for me is the battery life.  If you use the camera and communications at the same time you are looking at a 2 hour battery life, which is too short in my opinion.  Need to get the battery to last 8 hours and then I am sold!

Do you think you'll run the camera for 8 hours???  If so, let me know what your YouTube channel is so I can avoid it like the plague.  :burnout:

Do you think you'll run the camera for 8 hours???  If so, let me know what your YouTube channel is so I can avoid it like the plague.  :burnout:

I didn't say I plan to record 8 hours of straight video.  What I am saying is when I ride its 500 Miles + a trip which equals a long day!  I ride with a group of guys with communications.  It would be nice to have enough battery to last most of the ride and get the best of booth worlds.  If you have a standard setup with communication and a separate camera, you will get 10-12 hours of continuous communications plus 2 hours of video.  For long rides and trips, that sounds better to me.

Interested in hearing a review. The reviews I've read are lukewarm with most complaints being about the battery life being nowhere near the specifications and image quality being pretty poor.

I love the tagging feature so you can keep video for only those instances you want to keep (i.e. when that asshat try to run you off the road). I run my gopro on my commute to capture any mishaps and the biggest pain is parsing through the hours of video to find the nuggets.

At least with Sena units you can charge while in use (looking at you, sucky Cardo). Put a booster battery in your pocket, run a line to the Sena, presto...or from a 12v USB source, whatever.

You can capture every thrilling spec of pavement between Columbus and Hillbilly Hotdogs. Wheee!!!!

At least with Sena units you can charge while in use (looking at you, sucky Cardo). Put a booster battery in your pocket, run a line to the Sena, presto...or from a 12v USB source, whatever.

This was part of the deal maker for the wife and I to get a pair of 20S.  Mike @ RD blessed my wallet on 'em too.  Though, I've not had to plug mine in on long days yet, and down at the Gap we used them for over 10 hours without a battery life issue -- so to say the battery life isn't good, doesn't equate with our experiences :dunno: Ours are still fairly new though, so maybe over time the battery performance may drop some?

I think the biggest thing I don't like about the 10C is it's lack of video looping.  While the tagging feature seams nice, the fact that it only saves and records over 1 minute of footage at a time could be an issue.  If you're using the camera as a just in case for an accident like a lot of people do, you only have a short window to make sure you hit the button or that footage is lost forever.  Just seams like such an obvious feature to be missing..

People seem to complain about the app a lot too...the biggest gripe being that you can't preview the camera view (like with the GoPro app) to make sure the camera is properly aimed. Instead you have to record some, watch the vid on a computer, adjust, repeat. etc. I remember doing this on the older gopro and it was always a pain. I wonder how easily it rotates...can it accidentally be bumped, changing the angle or does it lock in?

This was part of the deal maker for the wife and I to get a pair of 20S. Mike @ RD blessed my wallet on 'em too. Though, I've not had to plug mine in on long days yet, and down at the Gap we used them for over 10 hours without a battery life issue -- so to say the battery life isn't good, doesn't equate with our experiences :dunno: Ours are still fairly new though, so maybe over time the battery performance may drop some?

Agreed. I've had a few 8-10 hour days and play music pretty much non stop and never once did it die on me