Bells Two Hearted Ale

jschaf

Bells Two Hearted is decent but I think there are much more tasty IPA's out there.  I like to think of Bells as a beginners IPA at only 7% ABV.  I can think of a few that would knock your socks off if you really like IPAs and they are typically in 9% ABV range and 70 IBU and higher though.

I plan on having some 90 Minute IPA and I think I'll throw in a West Coast IPA while I sit around the camp fire this evening. :D

A couple of my favorites when available are Palate Wrecker and Chillwave.  Fat Heads also makes a couple scrumptious IPAs also like Hop JuJu.  Brew Kettle has their award winning El Lupulo Libre that is amazing.

If you're serious about your IPAs then you should be following the NIPAC each year.

Here's a link so you can check out some of the best IPAs (and IIPAs) out there... http://www.brewingnews.com/nipac/

Edited by r1crusher

I like two hearted and 60-90-120 minute. But that's about it for IPAs. I love dark beers brown ales red ales stouts porter. My all time favorite is heart of darkness by magic hat. Unfortunately it's been discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headytopper rocks.

There's so many good ipas out there it's hard to go wrong. I've had very few bad ones or undrinkable.

I've had majority of the big ipas... the Plinys, headytopper, both Lawson's sunshines, a few from hill farmstead...etc. don't think they're worth the hassle when you can find semI comparable things around. Freshness being the biggest difference I've notice.

Try Brew Kettle White Rajah....it smells great, it is a flavor explosion when you drink it. I don't find it bitter at all. White Rajah is easily my favorite IPA and maybe one of my favorite beers. And I usually go for porters, stouts and just plain pale ales.

Buy a six pack, if you don't like it, send me the rest of the six pack for proper and safe disposal

• 4 weeks later...

I have a sixer of Two-Hearted in my fridge right now. Good stuff.

Agreed with the proliferation of IPAs... they all end up tasting grassy to me after a while, and the taste sticks around too much. I typically only have those kinds of beers with meals.

Give me a good Belgian strong ale or Tripel any day of the week.. la Fin du Monde, Gulden Draak 9000, Dragon's Milk...

Draak and Dragon's Milk are really good picks people should try.

On the IPA front I found a couple new local IPA's while on vacation here in Charleston, SC this week.  We stopped at the Griffon Pub in town for some lunch and I got me a glass of HopArt from COAST...really liked it.  I then tried a glass of Double IPA from River Rat but it wasn't as good as HopArt IMO.

If you ever are in Charleston you must stop in at the Griffon...a funky little pub with some AWESOME fish and chips IMO.  The wife got it and I kept stealing bites from her plate. :D

the taste sticks around too much. I typically only have those kinds of beers with meals.

I love IPA's but the killer to me is the taste throws off the flavor of anything else after you drink one.

I love IPA's but the killer to me is the taste throws off the flavor of anything else after you drink one.

Depends on what you're eating, for sure.

I usually have one with spicy food. Tends to counterbalance any residual heat very nicely.