Danny Gray IST seats

Hoblick

i was searching for a seat for my street glide, and i have a very particular butt, i have never really found a seat that i was completely satisfied with and always ended up having hot spots and some soreness at the end of a 300 mile day.  

after some searching and taking a chance, since there isn't many reviews on these seats, called Riders Discount and ordered a Danny Gray BigIST solo seat  right before my trip to deals gap a few weeks ago.  threw the seat on and off i went, 449 miles of highway down and holy shit, no soreness, no hot spots, i was in heaven.  only complaint was seating position initially, it sat me just a bit higher than my stock street glide seat, but after 1200 miles the seat broke in and it sunk down a bit, not enough to be same height of my stock seat, but i was happy enough.

unfortunately i thought i could by a passenger section for it, and it turns out i could not.  So i had to call Riders Discount again and ordered the 2 up version of the seat the Danny Gray TourIST.  this was a few days before my wife and I went on our week long trip.  outcome was exactly the same, no sore ass, no hot spots, nothing and she reported the same.  She was pretty amazed at how great she felt after a long day of riding.  intact we did a 665 mile day on our return from Ocean Isle Beach NC and again same thing, we felt great!

now the IST is Independent Suspension Technology, which is just a fancy way for them saying the cut out holes in the seat pan where your ass bones land.  Thus creating a void so you can fully bottom out on the seat.  and there is enough open area beneath the seat pan where this works out really well.  the foam they use is stiff, but not Corbin stuff.  its what i would say is an in-between of a mustang seat and a Corbin.

all in all, this was a great purchase, and i was really surprised how good the seat is.  so now i have a solo and a 2 up that both look great, and function really really well.  they are actually not priced to bad either, if you get the vinyl version, which is what i did.

• Upvote 1