Held Glove Warranty - Am I Crazy?

JustinNck1

OK, so I have owned a pair of Held Rodney gloves for a little over a year now. They have been my favorite gloves I've ever owned. One day on my way to work, i felt a breeze in my hand. I looked down and realized the index finger had came unstitched. I called Held/Schuberth warranty, and they said sure, email them with proof of purchase, and they will arrange shipment of the gloves for repair. They had a 2 year warranty on them. I email them with my proof of purchase, I receive my shipping label, and I send the gloves. I was told on the phone total turnaround time would be as little as 7 days. I waited 2 weeks, no response. I emailed the person I contacted the first time, and he said, I'll call the repair shop and send you a status update right away. It has now been over 3 weeks, so I call them. The guy says he has been super busy and was sorry for the delay. He informed we he was going to call the repair shop right then and send me a status email. Guess what, no email. I understand people are busy and things happen, but my patience is running thin. Do you guys think I am out of line? I know Schuberth just starting taking care of Held customers recently, so I am trying to give them benefit of the doubt. 

Sounds like one individual is dropping the ball. 

Typically Held is a stand up co.

Love their gloves. 

Exactly, that's why I don't wanna bash the company from one experience. I love their gloves, it's just frustrating not having them.

where'd you buy them from? make them take care of dealing with held.

I bought them from Revzilla, but I ddidn't think they would handle the warranty claim. The Held guy finally emailed me back. Apparently they are having delay issues with their repair shop and they are sending me new gloves instead.

I have yet to see any local shop offer Held gloves. I shop local for parts, but gear isn't that easy.

I got a call from Held/Schuberth today, and the gloves are on back-order and mine were not repairable.. At first, I was bummed, but then they said I could upgrade to a different set of gloves. So I will now be receiving a pair of Held Airstream II's. Overall, I am happy with the outcome. From what I interpreted, they are dealing with a 3rd party repair shop and they are having issues. 

• 1 month later...

I have yet to see any local shop offer Held gloves. I shop local for parts, but gear isn't that easy.

I got a call from Held/Schuberth today, and the gloves are on back-order and mine were not repairable.. At first, I was bummed, but then they said I could upgrade to a different set of gloves. So I will now be receiving a pair of Held Airstream II's. Overall, I am happy with the outcome. From what I interpreted, they are dealing with a 3rd party repair shop and they are having issues.

Riders discount does, not local but 2 day shipping. I almost bought some held gloves. Went for some Dainese instead. Guess what...my index finger has a small hole in it now too lol

double thumbin' it!

Just to update this, I received the Airstream II gloves as an upgrade, but I did not like them at all(Fitment was completely different than the Rodneys), so they were happy to send a new pair of Rodneys once they got them in stock. I got my new gloves Monday and couldn't be happier. 

• 2 months later...

Those less expensive helds are china or pakistan made.

No surprise they basically fell apart.

Only the expensive models are german and hungary made.

IIRC they are made in Hungary. They didn't fall apart, I have found the culprit. I use to store my gloves under the windshield of my bike. Apparently there is a bolt that sticks through and was catching the fingers.

IIRC they are made in Hungary. They didn't fall apart, I have found the culprit. I use to store my gloves under the windshield of my bike. Apparently there is a bolt that sticks through and was catching the fingers.

Did you email Held and explain your findings, that you were responsible for the damage, and at least offer to pay for the new gloves?

is there a tag that says so? because people on other forums have emailed held and that's where the info came from.   the gloves you speak of are made in china or pakistan.

the phantoms etc are made in germany or hungary.

Edited by serpentracer

heck just look at all the negative reviews on revzilla

note how many of them mention the tag says made in china and how many mention bad stitching

http://reviews.revzilla.com/8506-en_us/239396/held-held-rodney-gloves-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=rating&dir=asc

Edited by serpentracer

heck just look at all the negative reviews on revzilla

note how many of them mention the tag says made in china and how many mention bad stitching

http://reviews.revzilla.com/8506-en_us/239396/held-held-rodney-gloves-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=rating&dir=asc

I checked and they are made in China, but I have never had an issue with them since I found the cause of the tear. "All the Negative reviews" 93% of the reviewers recommend the product and it has over 4 out of 5 stars. I actually tried a nicer pair of Held gloves and sent them back due to not fitting very well. To each their own I guess...