WTF Alpinestars?

Gixxus Christ!

Bought these gloves at IP in Jan of 2014 So they have a little over a season on them. Super comfy and great fit but the palm is already worn out of the right glove, and I mean gone. I've had icon gloves half the price last me twice the miles. pics to follow when the torrential downpour subsides.

In the same boat, bought some alpine short cuff gloves with carbon fiber knuckles and they're super comfy, but I got them only a few months ago and one already has a tear near the velcro spot and in general they seem to be deteriorating pretty quickly...much to quickly for how expensive they are, will be looking at other brands for my next pair at the end of this season.

Edited by claine650

The Bilt "Trackstar" is $29 and for that price, they can be damn near disposable...  I have Alpinestars right now, and after 3 weekends of wearing them, they're starting to come un-stitched at some of the seams. 

My Cortech Adrenalines were great for what I paid, but also wore out before being crashed-out (not that I didn't crash them many times...)

I'll look into those. One problem I have with buying gloves online is having them not fit very well. My hands are an odd size and I have thick sausage fingers (for the ladies ;) ) so it's hard to find a pair that fit well. The ones I have I tried on at IP a while back and I tried about every glove they had. Pretty limited to where I can find gear around my area tho.

I have had several pairs of A*s. I've noticed that the cheaper the glove, the quicker they wear out. I've got a pair of GPPro gloves that are awesome. My everyday gloves though usual last me just one or two seasons of commuting daily. The more leather there is the longer they wear. These fit me the best so I continue to get them. Every year I usually look for closeout specials and treat my self to new gloves for the riding season.

Only Astars I've owned were the GpPros I bought a couple seasons ago. Not a lot of miles on them, primarily trackdays, but they show little wear and have melded shape to my hands nicely. Might be something to the build quality vs pricetag.

Now, my old Joe Rocket MotoAir gloves have lasted me 5 or 6 years now, maybe 18k miles and several rain soakings. Think I paid around $90 for em back then?

apparel-joerocket-street-gloves-2010-men

ihad one pair of alpinestars gloves, GP1 i believe, gauntlet style.  they wore out really quick.  and i haven't bought another pair of alpinestars gloves since.  

i have 3 pair of Racer gloves.. 

for track days the Racer R-Safe, i have crashed 2 times on the big track, several times riding the XR100, and a few when i had my super moto.  they are still useable, and i still do use them.

Racer Dynamic Gortex 2 gloves for cold weather, these don't get a ton of use, but they show absolutely no wear

and my daily gloves are the Racer Short Sport, which they don't make anymore.. they are the most comfortable short cuff gloves i have ever warn, and they are wearing great.  no busted seams, or stitching, no tears or wearing through.  i wish i could find another pair.

all these gloves are over 3 years old, the short sports have seen a ton of miles, and the R-Safe have seen a ton of crashes.  i cannot say enough about the company, and the quality of gloves.  they aren't cheap, but they will be a pair of gloves you will own for many many years.  

it should say something that i still own these gloves after 3 years.... seeing as i usually sell off stuff every year and buy new lol.

• Upvote 1