Christian Sport Bike Assoc. Ride June 20th

JCMathis

We will meet at Iron Pony in the NW corner of the parking lot at 8:30 and depart by 9:00. The route is 290 miles and can be viewed here: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/8019310 I am not sure of the condition of 555 but it was requested that I include the road so we will see. Planning on stopping at Big Muskie Bucket as well. Hope to see you on June 20th.

• 3 weeks later...

I have modified the route to shorten it slightly. I took out the stuff east of Marietta since that is where we will be going in July. The route is down to 242 miles and will take us down to Logan, over to Glouster for gas stop then down to 50. From 50 we will take 555 all the way up to 37 then back toward the Pony.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/8019310

JC I would luv to make this trip, but I am 3 hrs from your departure. Anyway you could push the departure time back a little? It wud be great to get to know some fellow believer riders. Totally understand if you want to keep your time schedule.

Well, again, it looks like I may not be able to attend this event due to issues with my bikes.  (VTX very bad front end wobble & CBR has a vibration/loose bouncing feeling in the front.)

I think the VTX needs the steering head bearings replaced and the CBR may have a bad front wheel bearing.

Not sure if I can get them repaired prior to this event.

Just FYI, for anyone who can and/or is interested, my church in Leesburg, OH will be having their 14th Annual "Ride 4 Christ" event on June 28th.  All are welcome.  There is often a mixture of different riding styles, but the last few years there has been less and less sporty bike presence, which I think is sad and one of the main reason I decided it was time to own a sporty bike too.  There will be free food prior to the ride and a ride through some of the best roads (twisty & scenic) that Southern Ohio has to offer.

If you need/want more info, just let me know.

OhioBob

Edited by OhioBob

I have modified the route to shorten it slightly. I took out the stuff east of Marietta since that is where we will be going in July. The route is down to 242 miles and will take us down to Logan, over to Glouster for gas stop then down to 50. From 50 we will take 555 all the way up to 37 then back toward the Pony.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/8019310

144 out of Coolville is extremely rough, I live about 1/4 mile away from it and I would not ride my bike on it. I would highly recommend staying on 50 for a few more miles and taking 329 from the Marathon gas station.

JustinNck1, thanks for the info on 144. I have rerouted around it now so we will avoid 144 on this trip.

Word around town is it will be getting a fresh coat of blacktop later this summer. Then it will be a very nice road (Except for it's severe flooding issues).

Since I shorten the route slightly I am going to push the start time back 30 minutes. We will plan on meeting at 9:00 and departing by 9:30. Hope to see you all at the Pony next Saturday morning.

Saturday

A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.