PIRC this weekend

RHill

damnit. I  have friends coming into town for the weekend, and Sunday is my anniversary, or I would at least stop by and visit with people.

It has been way too long since I've seen the old NESBA crew.

I know Dave and Mike from Big Meenie Motorsports will be up there riding (not instructing).  Dave has a 250GP bike and an immaculate Triumph 675 that he can't seem to stop crashing.  Mike rides  SV650's. 

They are both plenty fast, and very hospitable. 

Saturday and Sunday for me. Save me a spot?

Will do!

Chris, they have a lot of days on the schedule at PIRC....stop out at the next one!

Jeff, damn I wanted to check out your SV....speaking of which, how are you liking it so far?

Will do!

Chris, they have a lot of days on the schedule at PIRC....stop out at the next one!

Jeff, damn I wanted to check out your SV....speaking of which, how are you liking it so far?

I hate it.

It's 70HP sucks !

Probably a newer 600

Hope your not actually thinking toward the next bike yet....if you are, let me ride that one before you get rid of it :)  Hell, depending how this weekend plays, I may have an 05 gsxr 600 for sale.

I'll be there Sunday. Still have to tape on some numbers. 

Mr. Stoppable is going to be there Friday and Saturday night.....I heard he is good at putting on stickers/numbers, you just have to get him hammered first.

Hope your not actually thinking toward the next bike yet....if you are, let me ride that one before you get rid of it :) Hell, depending how this weekend plays, I may have an 05 gsxr 600 for sale.

I'll be at next round at NL.

You are welcome to give it a ride anytime.

Hope your not actually thinking toward the next bike yet....if you are, let me ride that one before you get rid of it :) Hell, depending how this weekend plays, I may have an 05 gsxr 600 for sale.

Well that's mysterious!

I think my main issue was that I had a 46T rear sprocket on the rear.

Redlining it half way down the back straight.

I just bought a 44T,that should solve that issue.

Edited by J_Copeland

Well that's mysterious!

Nothing exciting, might pick up another 04/05 GSXR track bike, and then sell the street bike since the only time it has moved in last 2 years was to go to PIRC.

Should sell it all and pick up a nice bike, but then I'd be afraid of pitching it down the track. 

Nothing exciting, might pick up another 04/05 GSXR track bike, and then sell the street bike since the only time it has moved in last 2 years was to go to PIRC.

Should sell it all and pick up a nice bike, but then I'd be afraid of pitching it down the track.

I've got a nice SV.

I think my main issue was that I had a 46T rear sprocket on the rear.

Redlining it half way down the back straight.

I just bought a 44T,that should solve that issue.

you think 2 teeth is going to be enough of a change?  If you're really hitting the limiter that early, I would go up a tooth in the front as well.

^ shit....I didn't see your post until I came home yesterday.  Recognize your car, think we were actually pitted a few spots away.  

Excellent weekend....only thing that could have made it better would have been a functioning lap timer.  Wish I could say for sure, but I pretty confident I topped my personal best from last year.  If not, whatever, had a great time with a bunch of friends.

South track looks amazing....the simulation does not do the elevation changes justice.  Accelerating out the southernmost right is going to be like a hill climb.  The blind left after the paddock is going to take some time to build confidence one turn in and entrance speed.  Hoping it is a little more gentle on tires than the north track, smoked a rear take off in a day...normally was getting 3-4 out of a rear.  In any case, N2 is running PIRC full course July 18th and 19th, then again on August 29th and 30th.....hint hint.

Anyway, here is a couple videos from the weekend:

Was great seeing everyone again!

I was going through tires quickly this weekend as well. I didnt take any video this weekend but ran some good lap times and didnt crash so all is well. Got into the low 1:02s which is a new best for me.

Now to figure out when the next track day is.