B&W Trailer Hitch Biker Bar-anyone have this and thoughts?

ACSmith

Anyone use the B&W trailer hitch bike bar to tow your motorcycle?  Thoughts on the product?  Looks a lot better than having to tie down the bike and worrying straps will loosen and bike will come loose.

I did a good bit of research on this type of hualer, and really wanted to get one. Read many good reviews on various forums and sites, seen people haul their sportbike with trucks and large suv's all reportedly many trips and zero issuss. But my vehicles tow rating is rather low, and my max tongue wieght wouldn't allow for anything more than a small dirtbike so it was out of the question. If my jeep was longer or had 4 doors I would have gotten one for sure.

Many say they wouldn't trust one with a streetbike due to the possibility of the hitch mount twisting and failing. And yes I'm sure there have been instances where one of these have failed, but if I ever got one and was even slightly concerned with its ability, I wouldn't hesitate to weld on more metal to reinforce it in some fashion. Just my opinion with no real world experience though...

On another note, I will quite possibly build one of these in the near future to suit my jeeps towing capability, 267a6d8eabe705e29dd17313a04a5308.jpg

e038e39c81a9a77132595c36ac66b609.jpg

484c8ecbcd4cb10128e35d6c9acbbba3.jpg

Edited by claine650

Ahh, I see now, the description of it sounds similar to what me and bad where thinking of, which is totally different. This is for use on a pull behind trailer which I didn't pick up on at first. But that is actually pretty awesome, I'd give it a shot if I already had a trailer. Looks super convenient and easy.

Yes that is what we thought.  The only concern I have is the thickness of floor needed for this.  I have to investigate more if our tow hauler is 3/4 or 5/8 thickness.  I'm sure we could probably reinforce the floor if need be.

Anyone use the B&W trailer hitch bike bar to tow your motorcycle?  Thoughts on the product?  Looks a lot better than having to tie down the bike and worrying straps will loosen and bike will come loose.

If you use quality straps and not Harbor Frieght straps you don't have to worry.

The more I'm reviewing this the more I really thinking about purchasing for our motorcycles.  The loading and unloading would be so easy.  

If I do purchase I will be using Memorial weekend..I'll post my thoughts.

Still would like to know if anyone on here already has and what their thoughts and ideas are.

Thanks to those you have posted.

Here is some more info and a you tube video Isaac Papa

$350.00

USA

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDcQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1VKc_w0R9_I&ei=oB5SVabUEKHLsATT6YDgAg&usg=AFQjCNGnv1Q6cyNXczAT8EAA0L6AXFhuAQ&sig2=JwxGn2SkZPtFBYooqFRpKQ

• Adjustable clamping bar with neoprene lined clamps prevents scratches. Always remove clamping bar when not trailering.

• Your motorcycle's suspension is not stressed. When the rider dismounts, the bike's suspension system remains slightly compressed, exerting just the right amount of upward pressure to maintain rigid stability without stressing the suspension components. A bike secured with a Biker Bar becomes an extension of the trailer’s suspension system, instead of amplifying it as an active bike suspension system would. Let your trailer suspension do the work.

• Latching system easily unbolts from the trailer without crawling underneath, freeing up your trailer for other things.

Got our biker bars to haul our bikes in toy hauler...took some time to install (husband reinforced floor) but wow makes it so much easier to load and unload I was even able to do it!  No more tie downs.

post-18080-0-12677100-1432040524_thumb.j

post-18080-0-76914100-1432040524_thumb.j

Well I thought when I attached they were rotated correctly...When I view it, it does show correctly...is it showing sideways to you?

But if you watch some of the videos on this product it will show a bike attached to this and being picked up and leaned sideways.

Believe me would rather ride but we also camp and want to take bikes to ride also. And no if anyone asks about tent camping.... Like I posted before done that and no thanks especially when we are gone a week at a time sometimes. Camping, riding, food and beer and I'm good

I can get there quicker on the bike than you can hauling a trailer, guaranteed.

Not doubting that. I don't do slab for more than 1 hour. It's boring and uncomfortable and no fun. I ride to have fun. Therefore that's why a trailer is a fantastic choice

Update used the Biker Bars this weekend hauling 2 bikes in tow hauler...they are wonderful...no tie downs and all you do is attach bar to bike drive bike up in trailer and lock and go....would highly recommend to anyone hauling bikes!

Trailer versus ride is just going to be preference.

Yeah you're "earning it" by riding, but I agree that slabbing it is boring.

Trailering means cruise control, AC, the ability to eat while covering miles... It's definitely an appealing option at times.

I agree with trailering vs riding, but when you are going to stay at location for a couple of days up to a week much better having the camper (toy hauler) to stay in then tent thus trailering a much better option.  Can ride all day then come back to camper and enjoy your evening!