Gun safe deal

cmh_sprint

I can't get anything at work due to blocked sites, can anyone give me specs?  Like can I, myself with friends, move this to basement?  I need to get a safe asap at this point in my life. 

If you have a straight flight of stairs it should be no issue. The safe weighs 600lbs and the dimensions are 55" h x 36" w x 20" d. I had to hire a safe moving company because I have a short flight to a landing then a 90 to a longer flight. It was a bit of a struggle but 3 of us did it.

Talk with Ben, he has a guy that moves them downstairs with a machine. the way he told me about it sounds pretty slick!

I'll try to dig up the guy's business card. If you call Vance's, TSC, or anyone else in town that sells safes and ask about delivery, they all use the same guy. He was in and out in like fifteen minutes. I think it cost me around $125 to have it delivered from the store to my basement. They uncrate it, level it, etc. Only thing they didn't do was bolt it to the floor. 

Ah I know what that machine is like, friend had to use one in Jr High due to being in a wheelchair and not having an elevator in the school.  It's the same concept, just different use.

Sounds legit, thanks guys.  I need to grab a fireproof asap. 

• 3 weeks later...

That 125ish was picked UP from store and delivered/brought into house right?

Menards has a killer deal on a closeout safe, most stores only have 1, but its 28 gun Stackon for 477 after all rebates and the store credit of 11%, which I blow the day I get it anyways so thinking about pulling the trigger.

I think I will call for a quote because the closest Menards is a solid 15 miles from my house.  They are 500lbs so not sure how I would get it out of my truck, that being the only concern. 

Edited by madcat6183