CBus - Bike shop for maintenance

Wojo72

I need the 600 mile maintenance for my FZ07.    I can change the oil but I don't feel comfortable doing the rest of the adjustments and the throttle body sync.  So far I have been quoted $230 and $280 which sounds high.  Any suggestions for a reasonable shop that does good work?

You mean the throttle cable free play, checking bolts for tightness, oil and filter change? No damn throttle body sync needs to be done, that is ludicrous.......save your money and put a shit ton of miles on it before you need to worry about anything else other than oil and filter changes "well other than tires". :)

The first maintenance is the most important on a new bike. We can easily get your service work done. Here is a link about the sync if you care to know the details.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/32-yamaha-fz-09-guides-how-s/414-fuel-injection-adjust-synchronization-2.html

it's on a FZ09, but you get the idea

Edited by IndMoto

A TBS during the first 600 mile maintenance? On my DL650 I just needed to change the oil and oil filter, then check a bunch of bolts and fluid levels. Took 2 hours total and that was mainly because I took my time and got her tipsy first.

That said, if it's in the manual, I'd spring the $230 and have it done by a PRO and I mean a pro, not some farm-fresh kid who's never done it on this model. And if you want to do it yourself, call me - I have a carb sync tool and experience with an '85 4-cylinder Honda. Or see if CSC will do it in 2 weeks at his shindig?

I wholeheartedly disagree that the first maintenance is the most important on a new bike, but to each their own.

Not sure why you or anyone would be against a first service. That is the one where if anything went wrong at the factory, it can be found before it becomes a true issue. Bolts get checked that honestly most people do not check among other things. The throttle sync is especially important on the FZ07 because of some manufacturing issue that they get out of sync and cause stalling. It's not like I'm pushing him to bring it to us or any other dealer because of the doom and gloom that will happen if he doesn't. I will push for him to get it done because it is very important that it does happen. Regardless of who does it. Some bikes require a little more attention than others. Helps to know a specific bike and it's needs before stating something is not needed or unnecessary