Motorcycle Fishing

ReconRat

Yes, it's Winter time. Bored and thinking...

Or to be specific, ride a motorcycle to some place where you can fish and take a few home.

Not too hard to figure out. Bring a minimum of what you need. A couple of cheap easy-to-break telescoping poles. Small kit bag.

What I can't quite figure out, is how to ice up a few fish and take them home on a motorcycle.

Part of the equation is not stinking up motorcycle gear with fish.

Note that fish should be iced up, but not wet in water when transported.

Usually a drain is required...

I wouldn't take home much, just a few gills or crappie or a small catfish.

Or is it overkill, and just bag them and boogie?

Note that I'm pretty much a noob fisherman, I'm just gonna retire and goof off for a while.

Any ideas?

Fillet them and eat them there...

I've managed to transport meats over decent distances in a small fabric beer cooler with a few ice packs in one of my side cases...guess it depends on how long you'll be out and how well insulated your cooler is.

Fabric cooler with the fish or fillets in a heavy ziplock, frozen bottles of water in fabric cooler. Believe it or not you can make ice in a Tupperware container or anything that can hold water and seals.

Edited by Gump

Ok, isolate both fish and ice. Keeps it clean and functional. I think big blocks of ice in containers would last longer.

Or the buy ice when time to leave routine, then rig a bin with drain.

Lots of freezer bag ziplocks.

I have some thermal barrier material, I could make a thermal liner/box that would fit anything.

I've set up a light 4lb jigging rig w/ spincaster, and a medium 6lb w/ nice spinner reel. Both telescoping.

Also went nuts and setup 4 real fishing rigs, various 5 to 7 foot, 4lb ultralight, 6lb light, 8-12lb medium, and 15lb m-h cat rod that will also work in saltwater. Yes, this is Winter time without much to do.

Edited by ReconRat

This will do for now. 12 can and 24 can sizes. Good fit for on tail of bike.

Combo of soft case with hard box inside.

If I had to punch some holes in it, no big deal.

There's a pocket on the back, and I've got some left over plexiglass sheet that I can fit for a little fillet cutting board.

Igloo MaxCold Hard Liner Cooler

41eRswE8OCL._SY355_.jpg

ok, that 24 can Igloo MaxCold Hard Liner Cooler appears to be discontinued and impossible to find.

The 12 can size is ok and makes a good lunch box.

so here's a 30 can Coleman on Amazon: Although it probably only holds closer to 24 can.

51tf74NUZCL._SX425_.jpg