wr250X winter project- What have you guys been working on this winter?

oldschoolsdime92

Well, Last season I bought a wr250x super moto to mess around with. Well the messing has turned into a full blown fun toy. This things a riot. No, its not a 450 converted MX bike, but its reliable as a rock, and the maintenance is far and few in between. So heres what we have gotten done thus far.

Hdb hand guards with mirrors

45t rear sprocket, DID chain
Protaper yz high bars
Flatlander racing skid plate
Zeta billet heal guard
Fmf pc4 exhaust
Fmf programmer(may switch to pc3)
Michelin pilot powers
Suspension will be off to travis @http://go-race.com in  a few weeks for valving and springs.

62A534EC-605B-43DA-A86B-FE62BCD84AE6_zps

BFE8A229-5D31-4BEC-B7CA-641B92B0B023_zps

this is about how far pilot powers make it in the snow...

17E8E95A-0062-4919-8426-106FAFCC2E64_zps

When I did the IMS tank, I opted to try to use the OEM yamaha gasket. The IMS supplied gasket was just a big O ring..

ADCE044B-95F5-4BB0-9EF5-C123B7AF0DF9_zps

oem gasket.

34F7DFE7-75EF-4F64-989F-59690334E847_zps

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

i'm really digging that CB! what rear shocks are you using? 

Thank you!  TEK remote reservoir progressives.  They're not the same quality as Hagons, but the price was right and they're a world better than my stockers which had absolutely no dampening left:

http://www.tecbikepartsusa.com/Classic_Japanese_Motorcycle_Shocks_s/1829.htm

I'm still working on the 850 cafe jobby. Got this ebay universal gauge today, no instructions. No wiring diagram. Not even a fucking invoice. Got out a battery charger and some jumper wires and started testing pins on the quick connectors and am confounded. Ground was easy to spot. And I found the illumination pin. There are 2 pins that power the gauge: one will cycle the lcd display and tach needle once and shut down. The other only works if there is power to illumination and will cycle the gauge on an endless loop. Rest of the pins are dummy lights except for one that does nothing. I can't find aNY info on this gauge, it's a cfmoto mf7.

dang! thats a bummer! Thats the downside to eBay stuff sometimes. I feel like I have bought something from CFMOTO at one time or another but I can't remember what.

SMC- your not highjacking! thats what this thread is all about! tank looks good!

Dig it. The seller sent me a list of wire colors and their corresponding functions. ...in engrish... better than nothing I guess.

Dig it. The seller sent me a list of wire colors and their corresponding functions. ...in engrish... better than nothing I guess.

That sure helps! Ha ha. Indeed it's better tbag nothing for sure but you would sure think they would send a diagram of the pins. It didn't come with any sort of "pig tail"?

I put the fairings back on the ninja today. After sitting for 3 months on my garage floor. Moved the bike back to its corner and put back on stands.

I was going to put on a set up renthal ultra low road bars but I spent all my monies on another project

Got new head gasket for the cb project along with adaptor to run oil cooler and nifty new gauge. In the works is a fork rebuild with better springs and heavier oil and a set of those tec shocks along with seat recover and converting stock front wheel to dual disc. Will powDer coat fork legs black while they're off...also updating the electrics with solid state vrr and blade style fuse block....