Elon Musk's Hyperloop is actually moving foward

Casper

damn him,  i had an idea for a massive tube path in side which was essentially a vaccuum chamber and mag lev for high speed frictionless transit.  the problem in my idea was security and maintenance of the tubes

to compensate for g force in turns couldn't the capsule rotate into the turn to keep force pushing down on the body thus somewhat ignroing lateral g's? Or are lateral g's easy for the human body to handle vs. longitudinal g's? (straight on the body instead of the side of the body?)

edit: motorcycle logic?

Edited by zx3vfr

to compensate for g force in turns couldn't the capsule rotate into the turn to keep force pushing down on the body thus somewhat ignroing lateral g's? Or are lateral g's easy for the human body to handle vs. longitudinal g's? (straight on the body instead of the side of the body?)

edit: motorcycle logic?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-force#Human_tolerance_of_g-force

Acceleration perpendicular to the spine is generally better tolerated than acceleration along the spine, due to redistribution of blood volumes. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-force#Human_tolerance_of_g-force

Acceleration perpendicular to the spine is generally better tolerated than acceleration along the spine, due to redistribution of blood volumes.

Weird. I jus assumed with stories like the rotational forces of that mission space in Disney and all the problems they had with people getting sick and a boy dying that the later forces you described would be easier on the human body.