2002 Vulcan 750 - $700

ShawnR

Update:  1/7/15: Pulling it for lack of interest. Starting to buy parts to make it pretty, Will pack it away in the corner or the barn and try again in the spring.

I have a 2002 Vulcan 750 that I was planning on flipping. There are just too many other projects going on now and I figured I'd throw it there if someone else wants to tinker with it.

History: Dude said it started spraying oil and he was told it was a head gasket. Bike sat outside for 9 months after that.

I buy bike, change oil. Over 2 gallons drain out of oil/gas mix. Explains why it was leaking oil. 

No water in oil and no bubbles in radiator when running. I'm confident head gasket is fine.

I pull carbs, clean & reinstall (a royal pain on a v-twin!)

Bike start & runs fine with a jump (battery dead).

Left turn signal doesn't work, That is the only thing that needs to be done to make it rideable,

It does have new tires front & back. It also has K&N filters and Iridium plugs.

I have not ridden the bike at all. it does have a salvage title & true mileage is unknown (according to title).

Paint job sucks. seat cover torn at bottom, sissy bar is a DIY job and turn signals need some attention.

$700 firm

vulcan_5.jpg

vulcan_6.jpg

Edited by ShawnR

• 2 weeks later...

12/31/14 UPDATE - I just took it for a ride down the road and can confirm that all gears / clutch / brakes work as expected.

1/2/15: Turn signals all functional. Glued together, but working and legal. Brake fluid flushed & bled.

1/7/15: Pulling it for lack of interest. Going to buy parts to make it pretty, pack it away in the barn and try again in the spring.

Edited by ShawnR