Ask Powersports?

Wojo72

I've purchased two new from IP and one new from ASK (Reynoldsburg). IP was very easy to deal with and I felt that the negotiated deals were right.

ASK did ok as well. The price was decent, but I had three complaints:

1) minor.... Bought the blue one, but when I picked it up it was black....said someone sold the blue one night before

2) minor.... First oil change was like $500...several hundred more than IP (I take the break in change to the dealer)

3) major.... They did a shitty job of assembly... Bolts were crooked and stripped on the front fork....scratches around bolts... Etc.... They did fix all of it though without hassle

Edited by C-bus

I bought 1 used and 1 new from IP. Decent deals and they did respond to fair negotiation. I live just a few miles away so that was a factor in their favor. I haven't dealt with ASK directly but my CRF230L's original owner got it there and said he was happy with ASK.

Isn't the bike you want a new model and generally still in short supply? If so, it'll be that way into spring too, so although it's winter and end-of-year books will close on 12/31, your bargaining leverage isn't that great. Good luck though - looks like a great bike!

Edited by smccrory

i have bought 3 different SXSs  from ASK in grove city, a new Honda Pioneer 700 (that i eventually traded in, and she gave me only a few hundred under what i paid for it), New Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail (the SXS i ended up getting when i traded the honda in, then it got totaled a week later), and a New Can AM Maverick 1000R XXC (the SXS that replaced my totaled arctic cat)  I deal directly with Sandi down there.

She has knocked the prices out of the park, no one could touch the deals i got from her.  

she also really did well with the parts i ordered as well.

i will say you have to stay on her, they are honestly really busy, and everyone wants to deal with Sandi.  Best bet is to just go down there and talk to her face to face.  Figure out what you want, how much you want to spend, and id put money on that you leave paying what you want to pay.  she wont let a sale walk out the door.

if you try calling and getting prices, and wait for a call back, they will forget to call you back, or end up getting caught up in other sales to call you back, so you will have to keep calling.

i didn't have any issues with assembly on any of my machines, and i go over them pretty well when i bring them home.

they took good care of me getting my money back on the extended warranty i purchases on my arctic cat, since it got totaled.

i have heard some people don't like dealing with ASK, but i will definitely go back and deal with Sandi again if I'm in the market again.

I pulled the trigger on the FZ07 this afternoon.   Went over the bike twice.   I kicked in a a few bucks for them to deliver the bike so it will be in the garage in a few days.   The buying process was easy.  They tried to get me to buy an extended warranty and some insurance but didn't make a fuss when I declined.   We'll see how well the bike holds up in the long run.

Awesome! You might consider taking an MSF course with your new bike in the spring. When I got my VStrom last December, I scheduled an Advanced Rider Course the moment they came up and I benefitted a lot from the exercise. Really helped me bond with my bike before several longer trips.

Mid Ohio School PTR.

That's where you will see many of us from OR. I work and ride there and over half of the the coaches there are members here.

STT has a decent program too if you can catch them at Putnam.

Mid Ohio is close though and there will be so many of us there to help you that you can't go wrong.

I'm at most every one either on track or in medical.

Excellent, thanks Todd!  I'll definitely do that next year.

Wojo, also bookmark https://ext.dps.state.oh.us/MotorCycleOhio/Pages/Public/Announcements.aspx so you can look monthly for the State-sponsored classes (they're not posted yet, but will be in a couple months).  They're only $50, and usually at a nearby location.  You'll want to enroll soon after they're posted though - they tend to fill up fast.  The ARC is one evening of classroom material then a Saturday or Sunday full of maneuvering exercises, mainly focused on turns and quick stops.  Probably not nearly as fun as Todd's idea though!

You will get classroom education at the track day as well. And real world riding at road speeds instead of parking lot maneuvers.

Don't get me wrong the msf course is beneficial too but IMO it's niche is the new rider that has never been on a bike. Once you've been on the bike and rode on the streets what you will gain in a novice class at Mid Ohio completely out does anything you can gain in a parking lot class.

Snot, OldSchool, DyingShadow can attest to this for you. Those 3 came out and tried the novice class for the first time over the summer. To see them before and after is enough. They all 3 wish they had done it sooner. Snot promptly scheduled more