2012 Daytona 675 For Sale - 3300mi - FEELER

katanafreak

Hey all,

Just throwing this up here as a feeler to see if anyone would be interested. Me and the wife are thinking about buying our first house and need to eliminate some debt. I just thought I would throw this up to see if there was any interest in it. I still owe on it and would have to pay off the lien before the title was handed over. My last bike I did that and it took about 2 weeks for the title to come. The bike has 3300 miles on it, I barely rode this summer, maybe 800 miles tops. It has been sitting most the summer and it's the easiest thing to eliminate at the moment to free up some cash. Let me know if you are interested, im looking for about 6500 - 7000 for it. Let me know if im off on the price too. Here are a few pics. Oh yea!!! it will come with an extra left fairing, I bought the bike from a dealer in Texas that I buy all my bikes from and he shipped it to me. There is a small tiny chip in the fairing so he sent me a new fairing. Ill give that as well. I never put the fairing on cause the chip is so small it never bothered me cause I couldn't tell it was there most the time. Everything is still factory, no add ons. Here are some pics.

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

She is still for sale =) no one needs a mint 675? Is the price wrong? share some insight with me. What can I do to sell her quicker? Im a pretty motivated seller...

You could sell it 6 months ago when people actually wanted to buy bikes....

3 Year old bike.... cant ride for another 4 months.... You would need a much lower price to motivate anyone. 

It may be winter in Ohio, but it's riding season in the south. If you really want to sell it, put it on eBay and Cycle Trader where you'll get a nationwide audience. Your price is pretty good for a low mileage 2012, it should sell. Offer to help with shipping, etc. Get shipping quotes ahead of time and give people an estimate of what it will cost. You should be able to ship it for about $400-600 depending on location. And a quick ebay search says your price is almost 2k lower than similar year/mileage bikes.

Edited by TRMN8TR

I paid about the same amount for my 675 with the same mileage, but just one year old, and that was years ago. So I think your price is in the ballpark. It's the time of year combined with the fact that there are still a lot of people out there with too much debt load. This economic "recovery" since 2008 just hasn't provided pay raises to the broad swath of people who buy used motorcycles.

Definitely find a way to put it out there to people in better climates. Otherwise, your only choices are to lower the price or wait til spring when people get bike fever. I know those aren't attractive options to you when you're trying to come up with the funds to buy a house.

Bike looks nice. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

if you want to sell the bike, you need to have it up on cycletrader or wera classifieds.  you'll have some luck with craigslist (but that more hassle than its worth due to the spammers and low ballers), and posting it on triumph forums or other national bike forums (i think sportbikes net is still around and many others).

good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...