2002 GSXR 750 project

GixxerTravis

First things first...  This bike is a SALVAGE TITLE 

2002 GSX-R 750

RUNS, RIDES AND STOPS

THE GOOD:

Swingarm extended approx. 12 inches.  

Lowered a few inches.

I do know it is 'cammed' (not sure what that means) 

THE BAD:

This bike hit a deer, was never laid down and has a small dent on the frame, therefore it was salvaged

Needs plastics

Odometer is incorrect (rev it up and the mph increases)

Small oil leak (just a seal)

Motor mounts look...... "jankey" but hold

My friend rides this bike everyday just doesn't have the space or ability really to fix this bike up.  

He is asking $2,300 firm price or possible trade for 4x4 truck

post-17823-0-23160100-1414800698_thumb.j

post-17823-0-71767700-1414800703_thumb.j

post-17823-0-80733400-1414800709_thumb.j

Wow… just… wow.  GLWS!!!

Think there's a minimum 30-day period from join-up and minimum post limit before you can post in the For Sale section.

This might get pulled.  Just an FYI.

Edited by Bubba

Travis:  I know it's considered bad form to shit in someone's FS thread, but since the bike doesn't actually belong to you and you're posting it for your buddy, I gotta just come right out and say what prolly 99.9% of the readers of your ad are thinking:

A 13 year old salvage bike that's been beaten on stop-light-to-stop-light for xx,xxx miles, modified, chopped up, wrecked, missing all the expensive OEM plastics, with frame damage, electronic issues and an oil leak, is barely worth the gas money to cart off the remaining parts.  Your buddy would be hard pressed to put it on CL and get an offer to trade for a broken X-Box and 43 pirated Chinese knock-off game cartridges.  You can buy a fairly nice bike of the the same vintage for about the money he's asking.  Do him a favor and tell him to keep it and ride it until one of those "jankey" motor mounts lets go.

There.  I said it.  Sorry, Casper….I couldn't help myself.  Now I can go back to enjoying my weekend.

Edited by Bubba
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...