Winter trips

Jester_

Jennings was definitely harder on tires than most tracks, but no one ever complained about grip either. I managed to make a rear tire last 2 days, flipped it for the second day. But after those 2 days it was toast. I don't get much more than 2 solid days out of a rear anyhow.

I have heard that COTA is expensive, 500+ for a track day. 

I would like to try out barber, or anywhere else anyone wants to hit up. Doesnt matter to me as long as we can get out of the cold weather and ride. Il go to jennings, road atlanta or anywhere else thats open. 

we've been doing Barber as our season opener for the past 3 years - awesome track, awesome facility, and don't miss the museum. It's 12 hours from here though, so we've driven halfway down on Thu, finish it up Fri and hit the museum, camp at the track, and ride Sat. We travel back on Sun so we don't have to burn another vacation day but each year realize how stupid that is - all that driving for a single track day... usually they offer Sat AND Sun if you can swing the funds and vaca. :>)

Thinking about changing it up and doing Road Atlanta in March instead - that's another iconic track that I want to cross of the list!

I'd be interested in a winter trip, couldn't commit till around the holidays.  Location doesn't matter much to me....had fun at Jennings and couldn't have asked for better weather.  I've been debating about hitting Road Atlanta this weekend, but the weather isn't looking all that warm.

Jennings was definitely harder on tires than most tracks, but no one ever complained about grip either. I managed to make a rear tire last 2 days, flipped it for the second day. But after those 2 days it was toast. I don't get much more than 2 solid days out of a rear anyhow.

Hey, I lost the front at Jennings....(ignore that I was running a shitty take-off).

6 sessions for a 209 gpa to go from new to no siping at all....I think it was a medium or soft compound though.  Either way, I normally pull minimum 4 days out of a good med+ 211 take off till there is no more siping.  Hell, I got 4 sprints, a 20 minute and 3 track days out of the medium slick I had...even after having disgusting wear patterns at Putnam.  The tire wear is not a deal breaker by any means, just something that you have to plan for with Jennings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last weekend I was at Nola.only 5 people in each group,so I got the track all for myself.track is flat,like you ride at airport.the turns are not easy,most difficult track I ever been on,take me all day to remember the turns.lot of side wind since is on a coast.food is fantastic there,best sausage I ever eat, was from alligator .

Gas is there lot cheaper,diesel $ 3.16.only 2 hours driving more than to Jennings.

next track day is end of January ,or begging February,schedule is not finalize yet.everybody was super nice.

It's 15 minutes from new Orleans.wont mind go back.

It's either go back there or Jennings.