How to Vote - No ID needed

Strictly Street

wow that is ridiculous. This leads me to think about the voter ID controversy. 

My first reaction to voter ID was "well of course people should have to show ID.  I've had an ID since I had my temporary drivers license ( at 15 1/2 years old), who doesn't have one". But after I looked into the idea a bit, it turns out that a lot of people don't have IDs. And the majority of them are in the "minority". So by requiring ID you're potentially interfering with someone's ability to vote. Interfering with an American's right to vote really strikes a chord with me, regardless of how small of an action it might be.

Again, my gut reaction was people need to have ID's but preventing someone from voting is wrong. But so is voter fraud. I dont know why people don't have IDs, common sense points towards maybe the cost? It would be one thing if getting an ID was free for poor people (or anyone...I hate paying money for that shit) or just being lazy & not wanthing to go through the hastle of providing the proper documentation.

I'm not trying to start a big debate about this..just sharing how my initial thought on the matter changed after I looked into it a bit. 

It is a problem. When someone cheats, it cancels my vote. If that's not a problem, then fuck you.

It's virtually nonexistent. You're more likely to be hit by lightning 4 times on your way to the polls than to have your vote canceled by a fraudulent vote at a polling place.

So if it doesn't exist, Libtards Have nothing to worry about when Id's r required.

Obviously you don't know the rationale of the opposing viewpoint.

I worry more about vote counting fraud than individuals casting extra votes. The gains and deceit are much larger at the machine.

Edited by turnone

Obviously you don't know the rationale of the opposing viewpoint.

I worry more about vote counting fraud than individuals casting extra votes. The gains and deceit are much larger at the machine.

Vote "corralling" has made vote fraud, of any kind, unnecessary. Districts are so gerrymandered it's ridiculous. Went for a ride into SEO Friday. Starting out in NW C-bus seeing Steve Stivers (R OH, 15th Dist.) signs. When I pulled into Athens guess whose signs I was seeing? Good ol' Steve!

But wait, there's more!

That was just the beginning. The immigration agency earlier this month had solicited a printer able to handle a “surge” of 9 million green cards “to support possible future immigration-reform initiative requirements.”

In an ordinary year, about 1 million green cards are issued, and over the life of this contract the company is expected to produce up to 34 million cards, a figure representing an increase of the population of the United States by 10 percent.

The cards do not come with automatic voter registration, but that’s obviously what the scheme portends. President Obama’s promised “executive actions” to bring about this enormous wave of amnesty constitute a transparent and cynical ploy to expand the Democratic voter base, creating a permanent majority.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/20/editorial-green-cards-on-the-table/

Yea! We're all democrats now!  Or will suffer their policies of ever increasing taxes and ever decreasing economic stability.

It's virtually nonexistent. You're more likely to be hit by lightning 4 times on your way to the polls than to have your vote canceled by a fraudulent vote at a polling place.

It's virtually non prosecuted. You're more likely to be hit by lightning 4 times on your way to the polls than to get prosecuted for voter fraud.

There, fixed it for you.

Quick! Disprove a negative.

• Upvote 1

This is all a show. The dems are against it because the pubs want it. Both voter fraud and voters without ID are statistically irrelevant. It's pro wrestling. It's a show. It's another divisive political device to give both sides another reason to argue against each other when they should be looking at how the 2 party system and politicians in general are assfucking the American people and then charging them for the dirty sanchez.

Wake the fuck up.

• Upvote 2

What type preventative processes are even used to prevent voter fraud and whose policing it. I'm sorry, gma, who can barely see, running the voting booths doesn't strike me as a good problem solver. Voter registration is a joke, we employed an illegal alien for 8 years before social security figured out he used a invalid social.

Edited by Gump

Yeah, what America do you live in where they don't prosecute crimes?

Significantly more people already vote democratic now but lose out due to gerrymandering.

Stats? All parties gerrymander. it benefits whoever does it.

Do you need ID to go on welfare? Bring that one to the polls. Do you need ID to cash your guberment check? Bring that one.

Yeah, what America do you live in where they don't prosecute crimes?

Significantly more people already vote democratic now but lose out due to gerrymandering.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/390893/james-okeefe-strikes-again-john-fund

This is conspiracy. It is a crime. It is on tape. It will never be prosecuted.

Edited by Strictly Street

Stats? All parties gerrymander. it benefits whoever does it.

Do you need ID to go on welfare? Bring that one to the polls. Do you need ID to cash your guberment check? Bring that one.

Gerrymandering is bad, regardless of who does it.  Maybe you like it when your 'team' uses it to advantage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_2012

Democrats got more votes in 2012 and lost the house of reps by a decent margin. 

Now it's your turn to show that we don't prosecute in America.  FYI, most Republicans take government handouts too.  So your comments about needing ID to get 'guberment' checks is just silly.

Does any of the O'Keefe items get fixed by having showing ID at the polls?

Would anyone consider it a coincidence that the Republican controlled state legislatures are the vast majority of the ones implementing  voter ID laws?  Coincidence that the people most affected are the young, old and poor?

Edited by turnone
  • Upvote 1

It is a problem. When someone cheats, it cancels my vote. If that's not a problem, then fuck you.

Let me fix this for you..."When someone cheats, it cancels my vote at a local level." At the national level our votes don't mean shit. This is one of my biggest problems with our system today IMO. Voting today has become nothing more than another platform for as assholes (see politicians) to distract the lemmings with.

• Upvote 1

Strictly Street, on 22 Oct 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:snapback.png

Does any of the O'Keefe items get fixed by having showing ID at the polls?

No they don't and it even gets worse here's why. Texas, California, North Carolina just to name a few states, now support Drivers Licenses for foreign nationals. Who can now vote even though they are not US citizens because they now have ID. The 'Dreamer Act' is making elections even more irrelevant disenfranchising the citizens vote even further. Leading even more un-informed or low information voters to the polls. (Think of the Clinton posters in Southern California in Spanish promising full citizenship status to all if Clinton won.  Yes, it was a lie, but the posters were still there.)

Some estimates are putting the number of immigrants that Obama is proposing on legalizing by executive action after the midterm elections as high as 10% of the present population. Enough of a margin to sway any election +/- 10%.

Voter ID is being undermined by the Democrats and will soon be completely irrelevant as the Republicans will be forced into the position of promoting 'Citizenship Papers" for proof of ability to vote. An un-winnable position.

Voter ID was an idea to stop this kind of abuse of the system. The Democrats have out flanked the position which in short order will make the idea moot.

The argument that Voter ID laws disenfranchise only poor minorities is false on it's face. It is not racist or classicism. It was to provide you, as a citizen your voice in our shared government.

Which you have lost, as have I. 

Racist Voter ID laws:

According to a letter from a lawyer for the State of North Carolina to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a speaker at a recent NAACP conference in North Carolina urged audience members to mislead the NAACP’s own members into believing they do not need to register to vote in advance, or that they do not need to vote at their assigned polling place. Why?  The letter alleges: To create confusion and animosity during the upcoming mid-term elections in North Carolina, and to use the evidence of that confusion in the ongoing litigation between Eric Holder’s Justice Department and North Carolina and to show that North Carolina’s election integrity laws are discriminatory. From the letter:

It is also our understanding that during the [NAACP conference], Rev. Barber urged those in attendance to take unregistered voters to vote during the Early Voting period and to engage in get-out-the vote activities that included transporting registered voters to vote in precincts in which they are not assigned to vote on Election Day, or words to that effect. The stated purpose for these activities, as I understand it, was to gather evidence for and thereby enhance plaintiffs prospects of success in the litigation involving [North Carolina’s Election Integrity Laws].

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/10/naacp-speakers-alleged-remarks-lets-create-confusion-nov-2014-election-deliberately-misleading-voters/

Democrat or Republican? C'mon, guess!

Which ones will blame the Republicans for being racist bastards that hate { insert group of your choice here } for saying things like you have to vote in your own district?

See how it's done? How easy is it to set up a scene to vilify a group when you set the stage, write the script and call the press to report it. I can see it now on the 11 O'clock news: Poor blacks turned away from polls by racist Republicans.

Count on it.

This is part and parcel of why voter ID is racist, because the Democrats said so, that's why.

Edited by Strictly Street

Would anyone consider it a coincidence that the Republican controlled state legislatures are the vast majority of the ones implementing  voter ID laws?  Coincidence that the people most affected are the young, old and poor?

Seriously? This is a bait and switch logic test, right?

Still waiting to hear about the unprosecuted in person voter ID and how it's a real problem.

Sounds like you are arguing other items. I'm getting confused.

Is it so hard to imagine that certain people in the USA don't have ID's?

Let's make it harder to vote. That's American!

Edited by turnone

Yeah. I don't care about national politics. They're all disgusting at that level. Any that are electable, that is.

My friend, you should care because it's the idiots at ALL levels of our government that are going to destroy all that has built this country. I hate politicians with a passion. There are few that do the real job of representing "the people".

Edited by r1crusher