Vulcan 500 revived as Vulcan S with Ninja 650 motor

zx3vfr

looks cool. probably handles great (for a cruiser). My guess is that people will love or hate this bike based on how it sounds. There will be nothing else to complain about.

I'd its anything like the 650 or versus it will sound like a Briggs and Stratton until 5500 rpm lol

looks cool. probably handles great (for a cruiser). My guess is that people will love or hate this bike based on how it sounds. There will be nothing else to complain about.

People on motorcycle magazine facebook pages are already hating on it almost unanimously. Of course none of them have rode it yet...so they're probably just douchebags. Still, it doesn't bode well for sales. I think it's a good idea and would love to see the 80's Japanese muscle cruiser come back.

People on motorcycle magazine facebook pages are already hating on it almost unanimously. Of course none of them have rode it yet...so they're probably just douchebags. Still, it doesn't bode well for sales. I think it's a good idea and would love to see the 80's Japanese muscle cruiser come back.

They're complaining about the forks and headlight. Sure kawi could've put on a better suspension but then it wouldn't be base price of 6,999

• Upvote 1

I still stand at it is awesome and for 7400 with abs you can't beat it with a stick. I love parallel twins. Only other option would be a star bolt or triumph speed master/america and with the Brit you're looking at nearly 2k more for basically an identical bike with fake carbs. Lol

Unless you are really looking for that urban hopper.....883, Bolt, Bonneville/America (nothing wrong with these if that's what you're looking for), you really want more torque in a cruiser or it will leave you flat. My Victory is 1700+ cc and has plenty to keep me smiling. I've ridden smaller cruisers that really take a hit on hills, 2-up, stop lights, etc.... That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed my old 883 for what it was.

I dig that a lot.  I'm spoiled by having a nearly 5-gallon fuel tank, but I could live with 3.7g.  Needs to come in blue :D  Given my choice between that and the Versys I just saw in another thread, I'd probably take the Vulcan :)  

And I wouldn't give two shits (or even one) about what people said as I rode by, smiling :)

IMO, torque is only important on a cruiser becuse typically they redline so freaking low that the gearing has to be riduculously tall.  You need torque to pull through the tall gears.

OTOH, If you have a motor that revs over 7k (unlike most cruisers), you can have much more reasonable gearing.  Like the new Indian Scout or this Kaw.

For example my 600rr with 42 ft/lbs will pull much faster in 1st gear at low revs than any cruiser because of the gearing.

Edited by Tpoppa

Here we go again. This is what is wrong with america and why motorcycling is a dying past time. It doesn't have enough torque to go on the highway omg its only for urban riding. Forfl fucks sake. I rode a cbr250 from Akron to Indianapolis with no problems due to lack of torque and that's when I weighed 250 lbs.

I've never had an issue with torque on my Vulcan 500 LTD.  Wind the engine up and it will spank a lot of cruisers. The Vulcan S looks interesting. Doesn't look like it's trying to copy anything.

Here we go again. This is what is wrong with america and why motorcycling is a dying past time. It doesn't have enough torque to go on the highway omg its only for urban riding. Forfl fucks sake. I rode a cbr250 from Akron to Indianapolis with no problems due to lack of torque and that's when I weighed 250 lbs.

Ok. I get that. I think this is a great looking bike. The Vulcan 900 was on my original short list in its blacked out form, but I was dead-set on an America or the other small Triumph cruiser (forgot the name). I was very appreciative of my friend, though. He encouraged me to ride one first and it was horribly anemic. Much more so than even my 883. This Kawi probably gets along just fine and does look pretty cool. If I had the ability to get three bikes, I'd have my Victory (absolutely love that thing), a true sport-bike, and an urban cruiser like an Iron, Bonneville (ok...more of a standard), Guzzi V7, etc.....or even the new Ducati Scrambler.

Ok. I get that. I think this is a great looking bike. The Vulcan 900 was on my original short list in its blacked out form, but I was dead-set on an America or the other small Triumph cruiser (forgot the name). I was very appreciative of my friend, though. He encouraged me to ride one first and it was horribly anemic. Much more so than even my 883. This Kawi probably gets along just fine and does look pretty cool. If I had the ability to get three bikes, I'd have my Victory (absolutely love that thing), a true sport-bike, and an urban cruiser like an Iron, Bonneville (ok...more of a standard), Guzzi V7, etc.....or even the new Ducati Scrambler.

Stop using the term urban. Urban would be something along the lines of a cbr125 or a small scooter. Again just because its anemic as you say doesn't discredit it as a fantastic all around bike. Would I ever take a cbr250 300+ miles again? Most likely not. Think about 40 years ago when the 500/550s with no more than 60hp an heavy as could be were ruling the roads. No one complained then. If torque is you're issue maybe it is time for you to buy a trike and put a v8 in it.

Edited by zx3vfr

I'd like to see Honda bring back the Magna and use the V4 from the VFR1200. 

This is really all I want in life.

With all the naked superstandards coming out, I suppose the CB1000R is supposed to fill that role, but I want that V4. That's Honda's bread and butter.

This is really all I want in life.

With all the naked superstandards coming out, I suppose the CB1000R is supposed to fill that role, but I want that V4. That's Honda's bread and butter.

But but it was designed in Italy. Err a bunch of spare parts slapped together as Hondas usual self. Except for those CTX. For gods sake. Who designed the CTX from the ground up none the less

I really like it, and I hope it sells well for them. That engine is sweet and is for sure not anemic, and it will leave many of the bigger monstrous high cc cruisers in it's dust. Low seat height, low center of gravity, easy to ride, plenty of great peppy performance.......WOW it might actually be a bike that some can actually learn how to ride, instead of buying a bike that they our way in over their head on. Of course it would be a bike for the pure riders, too many are still stuck on the "look and the brand" when it comes to motorcycles.