Moving to the country, going to eat a lot of peaches...

max power

Moving to Stoutsville this weekend. All help is welcomed and appreciated. Got a big box truck, but might need some trailers.

Will be providing food and beer and other liquids for all involved and if we use your truck and trailer I will pay for your gas.

Who wants to help a brother out?

• Upvote 1

Signed over the house today. Bittersweet moment.

Got boxes stacked all over the house. Everything is pretty much packed up and ready to go.

Tomorrow is the big day. If any of you local bubbys can spare some time I will provide beer and some kick ass pizza.

Starting in CW at 9ish.

Big Thanks to Bowdog for letting me borrow his truck.

Good luck with the move! 

Every time I stumble past this post, I have this damn song stuck in my head for hours. Thanks for that.

Thanks Kari and you're welcome. It's an awesome song. :lol:

We got most everything moved.

Big shout out to Bowdog for the righteous truck loan.

It occurred to me tonight that I went from biggest redneck in my neighborhood to biggest yuppie in my neighborhood in one move. Love it here and have lots of work ahead. Pics and project threads forthcoming!

• Upvote 1

Thanks Kari and you're welcome. It's an awesome song. :lol:

We got most everything moved.

Big shout out to Bowdog for the righteous truck loan.

It occurred to me tonight that I went from biggest redneck in my neighborhood to biggest yuppie in my neighborhood in one move. Love it here and have lots of work ahead. Pics and project threads forthcoming!

No problem at all bud! Congrats on the new pad out in the country!

Yeah, won't freeze that low.  Grandparents were in the same general climate as Maxpower is and they had the same thing.  Whole pump, pressure tank, and breakers all were down 10 feet in a concrete well pit.  They did at least put new breakers in when the took the old screw type fuses out and relocate it to the top of the pit so when it flooded it wouldn't pop.

I will never forget grandpa and dad going into the pit to reset the pump every weekend we were there I think, first like 8 years of my life or so, crazy.  But never had any pipes freeze and that house was built before 1900.

I'm not worried about it freezing I'm just moving it inside so that it will last longer and to get rid of that unsightly pit.there was a new well drilled in the early 90s. The pressure tank should've been moved inside at that point.

I'm not worried about it freezing I'm just moving it inside so that it will last longer and to get rid of that unsightly pit.there was a new well drilled in the early 90s. The pressure tank should've been moved inside at that point.

Where's the pump switch at?

So I've just been faced with my first major unexpected expense. Pressure tank is going out.

It's in a six-foot deep pit in the backyard.

About to replace it and move it into the house.

How did your buddy not know this? How did the home inspector miss it?

How did your buddy not know this? How did the home inspector miss it?

Buddy was selling house, guessing he could have cared less lol.  God knows the previous owners of our house didn't care about anything once we committed.  Oh, and on the topic of home inspections, talk about a freaking waste of money, totally worthless.  Anyone with half a brain can do the same job and we are seeing now that our's was beyond a waste of money.  Would have been better just asking for 300 bucks in closing cost credit and done an inspection myself.