Kilkare Raceway closed!!!?!

Anden

Tony Stewart showing up to race the roundy round this weekend?? 

We rode out one Thurs night to watch the roundy rounds a couple of months ago, and it was actually a good time.  I hope that this is only "closing for the rest of this season" vs. closing altogether.    Its an institution.

• 4 months later...

i've heard some good news about Kilkare. It looks like the drag strip will be open this year. If you look at the home page of their website it says there will be an updated 2015 schedule coming soon. I have been told they should be opening back up in April for test & tune and as soon as I have a confirmed schedule and dates I'll post that.

http://www.kilkare.com/index.html

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I still talk to some of my fellow contacts out there. The drag strip was never in danger of closing. The confusion was that the owner of kilkare and the manger of the round track had a falling out. The round track also lost there NASCAR license for what ever reason so with all that going on they just decided to close down the circle track. So for now its only open for rental and special events.