New member - Parkersburg,W.V.

lenny1165

Hey thanks guys, ill have to try to look him up sometime. Made a little loop in Ohio myself yesterday, around 115 miles.I took 550 to 329,then 13 up to 78. Turned right off 78 onto 555 back to 550, then headed back to Parkersburg.

My wife lived in Vienna for a while and just off of 50 near the bottling facility. I can't recall what drink was bottled there.

Make sure you go by the Pizza Place and have a slice for me. I love that pizza.

Hey thanks guys, ill have to try to look him up sometime. Made a little loop in Ohio myself yesterday, around 115 miles.I took 550 to 329,then 13 up to 78. Turned right off 78 onto 555 back to 550, then headed back to Parkersburg.

That's a good ride there, I work in Parkersburg, but live in Coolville, so I like to ride 555 and 550 on my way home from work. Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the Forum.

All of you that live near the good roads should be ashamed.

Make sure you go by the Pizza Place and have a slice for me. I love that pizza.

I had some pizza from your area this past weekend (Husson's), that was tasty!

I will actually be in the area around that time. The plan is to be in Fayetteville friday night and heading out east towards Virginia saturday. Wanting to run a few mountain passes and 250/33 at the Virginia border before the end of saturday so I may have a bit of time to run around in the morning. No promises though lol.

That's a good ride there, I work in Parkersburg, but live in Coolville, so I like to ride 555 and 550 on my way home from work. Welcome to the forums!

JN1 i always enjoy riding the section of 555 from rt 7 to Bartlett, but anytime i can slip up to 78 i do. Probably one of my favorite roads. Next time id like to go on out 78 and bring 377 back to 550.

None. No drop, wait up at every turn. Probably 150 plus miles. Probably hit Hawks nest, Clendenin, Spencer, etc.

Starting at 10:00 or 11:00.

Man I'd love to go down and ride Hawks Nest again, Rt 60 is awesome, but I'm hoping to buy a new FJR Saturday....

JN1 i always enjoy riding the section of 555 from rt 7 to Bartlett, but anytime i can slip up to 78 i do. Probably one of my favorite roads. Next time id like to go on out 78 and bring 377 back to 550.

I think 377 just got a fresh re-pave at the bottom of Sharpburg hill, but I haven't been out towards 78 since spring. Ive never been on 329 on the Glouster side of Amesville, I always take it back towards Stewart. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

I will actually be in the area around that time. The plan is to be in Fayetteville friday night and heading out east towards Virginia saturday. Wanting to run a few mountain passes and 250/33 at the Virginia border before the end of saturday so I may have a bit of time to run around in the morning. No promises though lol.

I rode this area the Saturday and Sunday before last, some good roads in that area, have fun!

Another rider and I did some light off road on Saturday too, had a blast.

None. No drop, wait up at every turn. Probably 150 plus miles. Probably hit Hawks nest, Clendenin, Spencer, etc.

Starting at 10:00 or 11:00.

Shit, no go, found out today that I am scheduled to work Saturday.

I might try to get to SE Ohio, or the Coshocton area on Sunday.

Hey Lenny / Jack   -   Welcome to the forum, neighbor!  I live in Wildwood on south-side.

Yes, we'll have to go for some rides. However, I have a huge deadline for the end of the month so my evenings and weekends won't allow for anything more than a quick spin. After October I'll have time and would love to go on some medium/longer rides, but it will be November then. So I'm hoping for an indian summer.

My next door neighbor rides and is a local so he's shown me some great roads since I got back into riding last fall.

I too like 555 and I've run the southern part many times. I usually run south to north. I'll have to go the other direction more often. I also like 21 in WV from Mineral Wells to to Ripley or a bit farther to Kenna, then, 34 (I think) to Fairfield. Twisties PLUS views and the elevation changes you get on mountains. Well, what we call mountains here in the east.

I highly recommend the Epic ride. The fall version was great the other week. It was very well run. The three groups ran safely and the conversation, before and after was great.

So. how about we try to get together in the first weekend in Nov? I'll check if Bill, my neighbor, might be able to go too.

Chris

Edited by Shoop