43's @ G&J kartway

went for some practice with a few friends at g&j on 9/21/14

started cutting 43's, which is the fastest i've been able to do. i think i'm outriding the front brake setup and i'd like to change tires. my goal is to make it into the 30's next season. the fast guys cut 38's on the layout we run.

in the video, theres some weird bikes out there. a grom w/ a crf450x swap, and an 04 r1.

see if this links it:

• Upvote 1

surprised to see the R1 look so not awkward.

I know, right?

His first time on a track. He did awesome.

I rode the bike and was surprised how good it felt.

Here's a pic of him and me

ru7ady7e.jpg

He had goofy lines, but overall very clean riding.

Is that the kart track over in Camden? Who can play on the track too? What is required?

Sign a waiver and a $10 dollar bill is all that's needed to run all day, I think?

Grom with a 450 transplant? B-Mac and I were just talking about this at the Epic Ride, was only a matter of time before someone pulled it off

$10 and a waiver is correct, Gary will tell you to wear your gear.

That grom is Doug gall's. he's a professional motorcycle drag racer and has a big hp turbo busa.

He bought that grom back in march/April, rode it home, and pulled the motor out. He had a crf450x donor bike waiting at his house. Swapped it out that night.

He's had it at the drag strip running high 12's and had it topped out at 130mph! He can't lean very far right without dragging his exhaust, so he has to ride it all crazy like.

what kind of speeds is the R1 capable of on such a small track?

I'm trying to wrap my head around closing speeds if someone's out there on a 100 or a 50cc two-stroke...  The XR can probably be geared to break the 50mph barrier, but not by much!

He wasn't trapping as high as the bike was capable of. When I rode it, I was in the 80's on the front straight. I didn't feel comfortable going faster with the r1 because you could feel the weight when on the brakes. It seemed like a lot of inertia for such a small track.

For comparison: on my RMZ 450, I'm usually into the 90's on the front straight.

Overall, I think the r1 with him on it was running 46's to 47's.

As far as closing speeds: we all knew we where out there with small bikes and a few beginner riders. We all discussed that we would slow and do polite passing. We all know each other well too.

Edited by 3.504